1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: 1977 Fender Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bostonasphalt2, Mar 14, 2013.

1. bostonasphalt2

bostonasphalt2 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Field of man, MA
    I am selling my 1977 Fender Precision Bass. I have played it a lot since I first got it back in 2010 or so, but it is time to move it on and put the money into more responsible things. It is original finish, original neck, frets, etc. The control pots are 1377641/1377702 which dates them to the 41st week of 1976 and 2nd week of 1977, so they are original.

This is a well used bass. There is checking in the finish around the lower end of it, as well as some around the neck pocket area. Also there is some finish problems with the tip of the headstock and a small dent in the fretboard at one spot. Also, it seems that someone got lazy using the truss rod, and didnt remove the neck to do so, so the pickguard is chewed up at the truss rod end, and the nut is a bit chewed up as well, but it works from what Ive seen (never had to adjust it!)

I cannot get my scale to weigh this, but I will try again tomorrow. Please excuse the mess in the background, we were rearranging web these pics were taken.

I am asking 1500 OBO SHIPPED IN CONUSA. Comes with original case, however one of the latches does not work well. Also comes with the original manual, I just have to dig it out of my file cabinet.

Here are all the pictures I have to show:

D043C8B6-3C6E-46D7-9B3E-4C36FB1FCA7C-1422-00000141DA1D6762.

fae3de1a.

fdc57ab0.

6c917dd8.

b5319b70.

9ec18ff6.

d23f385f.

67c4540b.

6d276cb1.

f9fdc4c8.

2. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    PMed...

3. SactoBass

SactoBass I like all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    Hey there BA2: what is the nut width on this fine instrument? And how much does the bass weigh?

Thanks!

4. I've got one exactly like this one, same year, same color and similar condition. This is one hell of an instrument. I would never sell mine.

5. lowendlucas

lowendlucas

Mar 12, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Have you gotten it on the scale yet?
    Thanks.

6. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Me too! Down the the damage to the truss rod slot on the pickgaurd too!

Awesome bass, good price. Good luck with the sale, which I don't think you'll have a problem selling ;)

7. chechunka

chechunka Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Can you tell me the weight and neck radius please?

8. bostonasphalt2

Dec 8, 2007
    Field of man, MA
    bump!

My scale says it is 8.8 pounds. First time Ive ever weighed a guitar on a digital bathroom scale. A bit tricky, but I got it.

9. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    pm'ed again!

10. bostonasphalt2

Dec 8, 2007
    Field of man, MA
    I miss this one like crazy. Wish I didn't have to sell it but such is life.

SOLD

11. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Know the feeling Boston... congrats on the sale tho and best of luck!