1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: 1994 Stingray 5 in Trans Cherry Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by emart, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emart

emart

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    FS is a 1994 Music Man Stingray 5 bass in a transparent dark red finish. This has an alder body and a beautiful birdseye maple neck and fingerboard, and there is some quilting visible on the back of the neck. The color is more like dark cherry than a true red, and the photos accurately represent the color. It is entirely original and has never been modified, disassembled or changed except for the pickguard, which I had custom made and installed myself. I still have the original black pickguard that's included. Weight is 10lb. 4oz. on my digital scale (weight corrected on 8/14).

The bass is in nearly flawless condition. It has minimal fret wear and the only issues I could find were a very small scratch in the clear coat on the back of the body which can barely be seen in a photo, and one nick in the finish at the top of the headstock. There are a few ultra-fine scratches on the back that won't show up in photos. There is no rash or other signs of wear that I can see.

I am the original owner and purchased it new from Guitar Center in 1994. It is in near mint condition, looks stunning and plays beautifully. It has never been gigged or even left the house. Currently strung with GHS Boomers. Comes with a hard shell case in excellent condition.

Lots of photos here.

$1150 plus shipping. Paypal OK. NO TRADE OFFERS PLEASE. (I've got too much gear already!).

2. emart

emart

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Bump

3. doo-bop

doo-bop

Oct 16, 2008
    Will you ship Worldwide?
    Thanks,

4. emart

emart

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Canada, perhaps. But not overseas at this time.
    Thanks for looking.

5. rojo412

rojo412 Walnut is fun! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    This is an absolute GEM! If I didn't have mine, I'd buy this in a heartbeat.
    This era is the best as far as I'm concerned and whoever gets this will probably be ruined for all other basses forever!

GLWTS!!!

6. emart

emart

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Bump.

7. emart

emart

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Monday bump.

8. emart