1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: 2001 Bruce Johnson fretless AUB-2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by John C. Reilly, Mar 31, 2009.

1. John C. Reilly

John C. Reilly

Feb 24, 2004
    Who would like to give this 2001 Bruce Johnson made by hand AUB-2 fretless bass a good home? $2,600 includes flight case.
    link to builders website
    Im in San Diego California. would like to keep this within the US due to the cost of shipping.

Attached Files:

2. John C. Reilly

John C. Reilly

Feb 24, 2004
    flight case pics[​IMG]

3. pbass2

pbass2

Jan 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Wow!
    I've been told that those are awesome.
    What's the price? I'm in LA BTW.

is this one 35" or 34" scale?

4. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    PM sent

5. In case anyone is wondering about this bass - they are truly awesome. PLay great and can produce some punch - even for a fretless. Whoever buys this - congrats!
    ...and John - why give this up???

6. pbass2

pbass2

Jan 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I'm very intrigued--but again I ask, what's the price?

I'm just north a tad, could come check it out . . .

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    You have to post a price.

8. John C. Reilly

John C. Reilly

Feb 24, 2004
    $2600 with flight case

9. John C. Reilly

John C. Reilly

Feb 24, 2004
    2500 OBO

10. i am very very interested, i live in australia however will be over in the US in July for work.

any chance of a price drop, because you know how bad the australian dollar is now. id get roughly 70c US from 1 AUS dollar.

pm me, i have been looking for a fretless for a long time.

11. John C. Reilly

John C. Reilly

Feb 24, 2004
    The reason i am selling is because Im not worthy of such an instrument and i would rather see it being played than part of my "collection" i thought i was a bass player but have had the realization that was just collecting. Im really into Rick Danko and he played an Ampeg scroll. I have a tendency to justify purchases that way to myself.
    still for sale

12. bassmyf

bassmyf

Mar 15, 2009
    Long island NY
    Bump for a great bass. I had an Ampeg aub in the 70s ( same reason, because Danko had one), and got rid of it only because it wasn`t the bass to try and learn fretless on. My other basses at the time were a Gibson EB3 and a Guild Starfire, both 30'' scale and the stretch to that neck was too much to handle. Had a 66 mustang and it wouldn`t fit across the back seat in its case. Sure wish I still had it though....
    Good luck.

13. Looking for one of Bruce Johnson's aub-2 scroll basses. Now, it's a 2 year waiting list...I'm just too impatient...was this one sold?

14. John C. Reilly

John C. Reilly

Feb 24, 2004
    Sold