1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS : 2002 EBMM Sterling H Maple - Dr. Pepper? $475 + shipping!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by handofseven, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays...

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    OK guys. I've been spending far too much time in the GAS tank. Changing taste and a light wallet dictate I should move it on to a better home.

This bass is a survivor! The previous owner told me, that the bass had an SVT fall on it! The headstock was cracked on the treble side and the body was snapped from the body. The bass was repaired professionally and repainted in an interesting Dr. Pepper metallic ox blood brown kinda colour. The repair at the headstock is visible only from the back of the neck. It did not go all the way through to the front. The tuning machine probably held it from going very far. The body break also can only been seen very faintly from the back, and only if you get right up to it in the right light. Whoever fixed this body did an amazing job. You would probably never guess that it has been repaired. When the bass was refinished, the pickguard holes were filled. This can be a good thing if you don't like a pickguard, or if you want to put a new one on, you won't have to worry about the holes lining up. :D
    As far as other "things that ought to be disclosed":

-The pickup cover has been painted (by me, because I thought it would look better cream coloured over black... I think it looks cool. I've been told you can get a new black one from EB.)
    - The bass pot has been replaced at some point. It is different than the other three pots. It has a center detente and a different knob. (Perhaps it too was a casualty of the falling SVT?)
    - The battery cover has a crack on one of the corners. It doesn't affect the functionality of the compartment in any way.
    - Headstock has some scratches and dings on the top, but otherwise is very clean, especially considering what this bass has been through.
    - Back of the neck has a small ding in it.

Phew! That's a lot of stuff!

Despite all the things I've listed, not a single one of them prevents this bass from having all the playability and killer tone you'd expect from a brand new EBMM Sterling bass. :bassist:
    The bass was recently setup and had a fret dress and polish. It plays fantastic.

Weight, using the ol' bathroom scale method = about 8 lbs.

$475 + actual shipping. PayPal is good.

Will include a decent gig bag, along with a masterful packing by yours truly. :D

I will ship to anywhere in Canada or the US. If you want to save a bit on shipping (I am in Canada, so international shipping), I have no problem separating the neck and body. Also, if you are patient, and are willing to wait a week or two until I am crossing into Washington to visit friends, you will save a few bucks having me ship from there (WA 98223 for reference).

OK 'nuff o' the jibba jabba! Pics. I apologize for their humongous size. If you need to see more, or if I've missed anything out, please PM me. It's late.

Dr. Pepper anyone?

DSC03604-1.
    Headstock : pretty nice.
    DSC03616.
    Crack : well repaired. Rock solid!
    DSC03625.
    More Dr. Pepper and battery compartment crack... nice control cover.
    DSC03615.
    Full on Dr. Pepper!
    DSC03579-1-1.

Thanksfahlookin'! :D

2. that's a cool one!

3. handofseven

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Thanks brothah! :D

Ass kickin' bass BUMP....

4. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Denver
    great deal for someone!

5. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Great deal from a great TB'er. Wish I had the fundage... or a tempting Ibanez :bag:

And FYI, MOJOTONE has covers for these, $2.00 each + shipping. Black only, but a perfect fit.. The creme looks damn good, though.

6. i would get this but i can't justify having two sterlings.

7. I see that bass colour and I JI- never mind.
    Bump!

8. handofseven

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Thanks bro! Man I gotta stay clear of those old Ibanii. They're seriously takin' over! I'm even startin' to take a shine to the 2+2's! :eek: Thank God I don't have enough cash, 'cause I sure as hell don't have enough space!

That's a hot tip for the pickup cover. That website is sweet!

9. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    love dr. pepper and love sterlings..... very tempted. great necks on these.

10. handofseven

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Saturday morning cartoon BUMP!

11. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    You have a PM, sir!

12. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Trades?

13. handofseven

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    ON HOLD for now.

Thanks everyone for sending out the hot trade bait pron!

14. sprintbass

sprintbass

Sep 14, 2010
    Lakewood Ohio
    :)

15. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    DP'd!
    (That's not what some of you pervs think I mean either :rollno:)

16. handofseven

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    SOLD! Thanks everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.