1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 3 G&L L2000s and 2 Fender Pbasses

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BKing, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BKing

BKing

Aug 13, 2006
    Hillsborough, NC
    Just made a pricey GAS-related purchase, and I'm getting ready to make another, soooo, some of the herd has gotta go to pay off the plastic.

1. Redburst L2000 with #12 neck, swamp ash body, K switching, weighs 9.26 lbs, essentially new - just bought this bass new from BassCentral about 2 weeks ago, 2012 build, comes with OHSC (tolex) and complete paperwork. Decided to hold on to this one. image_zps9ad32aae.jpg

2. Vintage blonde L2000 with #8 neck with vintage tint, swamp ash body, weighs 9.4 lbs, essentially new - bought this bass new from Portland Percussion about a month and half ago, 2011 build, comes with OHSC (tolex) and complete paperwork. Holding on to this one for now - may offer it up with the #12 neck from the redburst above in a separate FS thread. image_zps1f2fdaf9.jpg

3. Cherryburst L2000 with #7 neck with birdseye maple fb, weighs 9.24 lbs, excellent condition (but does have a small ding on the back of the bass - see pic below), 2005 build, comes with a G&L gigbag. Traded.
    image_zpsee6dc99b.jpg
    image_zpsec048b7c.jpg
    image_zpsb336f7a2.jpg

4. CAR American Fender Precision Special with upgrades, Babicz bridge, SD QuarterPounder pup, weighs 8.4 lbs, great condition with some slight swirling on pickguard, comes with nice G&L gigbag. SOLD.
    image_zpsc12b8ab1.jpg

5. Fender Precision parts bass, previous owner says body is a 70s body that has been refinished but I can't confirm due to sanding for the refinish, jazz profile (1.5" nut) probably after market neck (plays nice and easy), BadAss II bridge, decals on headstock appear to be standard Fender but no indication of country of origin, weighs 8.14 lbs., comes with a Kases III gigbag, nice bass for the price. SOLD.
    image_zps682485cc.jpg

Please PM me with any questions. PayPal preferred. Please, no trade offers - I need the cash and have an ample stable of basses.

Thanks,
    BK

2. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    The blonde L2K is sooooo sweet! Wish I had money, GLWTS!

3. satellite4

satellite4

May 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Some really nice basses here!

4. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Dang. Those too-kays are sa-WEET!! Loves me some maple neckage on a too-kay. Good prices, too.

Dang (again) for my financial situation.

5. BKing

BKing

Aug 13, 2006
    Hillsborough, NC
    Thanks for the kind words. If I decide to keep any of these, it'll be the blonde - I love blondes, so much so that I married one.:smug:
    Had a few questions about the parts pbass. I'd describe the color to be champagne metallic. Here's a link to the FS thread when I bought it - gives some more details regarding the bass. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/lightweight-us-fender-p-bass-$650-716806/

BK

6. Rixray

Rixray

Jun 2, 2012
    Peoria, IL
    I'm not familiar with the neck sizing. What's the difference between #12, #8, and #7?

7. BKing

BKing

Aug 13, 2006
    Hillsborough, NC
    #12 is medium modern "C" (1.625" nut, 12" radius), #8 is narrow modern "C" (1.5" nut, 12" radius), and #7 is modern "C" (1.75" nut, 12" radius).

BK

8. BKing

BKing

Aug 13, 2006
    Hillsborough, NC
    The parts Pbass is sold. Thanks Jim.

Ben

9. jirios

jirios

May 18, 2005
    Antioch California
    Bump for some killer Basses!

10. BKing

BKing

Aug 13, 2006
    Hillsborough, NC
    Potential buyer of the cherryburst L2k had to back out for now so it is no longer on hold and is still available.
    BK

11. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr Um, I was told there'd be no math... Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    Still have the red Precision Special? If so, send me a message. Very interested!

12. WillieB

WillieB Battling Bass Guitar Bulimia since 1975 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    What was the price on the cherryburst beaut ?

This is not the place to hang out if you suffer from chronic G A S !

13. BKing

BKing

Aug 13, 2006
    Hillsborough, NC

IIRC, I was asking $775 for it. It may end up back on the selling block if the trade doesn't work out.

Also, the CAR Pbass Special is now sold. Thanks, Mike!

BK

14. AcridSaint

AcridSaint ベーシスト Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Raleigh
    I don't play well.
    This is a bump for the tastiest of G&L flavors, cherryburst. Even if it's traded already.

15. BKing

BKing

Aug 13, 2006
    Hillsborough, NC
    Well, the trade fell through, so it's available for a good lickin'.:bag:

16. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    That redburst is tempting...

17. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr Um, I was told there'd be no math... Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the CAR P Bass! Thank you! And let me say publicly that BKing is a pleasure to work with and a really good dude.

18. BKing

BKing

Aug 13, 2006
    Hillsborough, NC
    Thanks for the kind words, Mike. It was a pleasure working with you, too.

A trade is now pending with the cherryburst, and I've lower the prices for the redburst and blonde L2Ks. I'll be out of town this weekend and will be traveling all day today (Friday the 18th). I'll have limited access to the internet/cell phone signal this weekend, so please accept my apologies if it takes a while to respond to any PMs. Thanks for checking in.

BK

19. DasClyde

DasClyde Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Did the trade go through for the cherryburst? If not I will make an offer...

20. BKing

BKing

Aug 13, 2006
    Hillsborough, NC
    Yep, the trade is now official. The cherryburst L2K is packed up and shipping out tomorrow. Thanks for the interest, though!

The redburst and blonde L2Ks remain available.

BK

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.