1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Carvin LB70P - fancy options, tweed case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rocketpriest, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Full Discloser Up Front: There are two nicks in the finish, one on the back of the bass in one of the body contours, and one on the front of the bass slightly above and behind the bridge, both shown in photos below. The bridge has a couple of nicks in it as well, also shown in the photo below. The case has seen some wear and one of the metal 'feet' is damaged, case still performs its function. A couple of the gold knobs are showing signs of wear. The bass is purple. Buyer will recieve bass with plain Truss Rod Cover, not the stamped cover pictured (why would you want my name on it anyway?).

Background info: The bass was orderd in January '05, delivered in March '05, and I used it lovingly and carefully until winter '06. Since then it's spent its life in its case, rarely being played, although it was lent to a friend for a three month stint when his only bass was out of commission in need of repairs. If anything, he treated it better than I did. Last three set-ups have been performed by the very talented fellows at the Atlanta Bass Gallery - the bass is set up with Sadowsky Light Guage Stainless Steels. The neck is the very best 4 string neck outside of the fancier boutique basses, in my opinion. The only reason I'm selling this bass is because I have a Carvin Icon with an identical neck whose sound fits better with what I'm using it for. I really don't have a need to keep both, so this one's going.

Options: 5 piece Koa/maple neck-thru (tung oiled), Koa body wings, quilted maple top (showing 5 piece neck), abalone block inlay, stainless steel medium frets, gold hardware, Hipshot D-Tuner on E string, P-series Piezo bridge, coil split for bridge humbucker, and Dunlop Straplocks.

Payment price/methods: Price is $800 shipped to Continental U.S., upcharge as required for international/Hawaii. I can accept personal checks, money order (preferred for expediency), and I have access to a Paypal account which may recieve payments. Note: if buyer pays with paypal shipping will not be included in price - it will be a flat $15 to CONUS. Bass includes all case candy, truss rod wrench, bridge adjustment wrench, and the fancy lightening strap. Contact through PM is best.

Pictures!

Blemish on the back:
    LB70P006rubspot.

blemish on the front:
    LB70P003nickinfinish.

full shot of bass front:
    LB70P008.

full shot of bass rear:
    LB70P007.

close-up of front:
    LB70P004.

cloe-up of rear:
    LB70P005.

2. Bassist01545

Bassist01545 Supporting Member

Jun 30, 2006
    I have the same model, but Fretless--one kick ass bass!!!!

3. Sorry, not really looking to trade this one.

4. Bump for purple bass lovers

5. Sunday bump

6. i swear if this thing ever falls to $550 il be on it like a hungry lion.

7. Bump on a tuesday

8. I can understand why this thing isn't gone! Anyway, free bump for a great bass.

9. It really is beautiful, but I imagine the purple and gold are putting a lot of people off. It's a shame, it's a great instrument.

10. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder

Jul 26, 2006
    New Jersey
    I love purple, just waiting for a bonus to come through next week!

11. Still available bump

12. sooo....how about that $550 >_> :p

13. if i don't bump this until some else else buys this.... i might convince myself that i do have $800 to spare ><

14. Gotta watch out - those fancy basses will get you ;)

15. Bump for a nice sunny Saturday

16. Another week gone by bump

17. Happy Sunday, everybody! I'm not just bumping for weekend exposure, honest!

18. what does it weigh?

19. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    God why must you be right-handed Rocketpriest?!?!?!