FS: Clement #170 5 String Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Acoustik, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Acoustik

Acoustik

Feb 18, 2011
    I purchased #170 on this forum in 2011 knowing that it was to be an interim instrument used to learn fretless technique while another instrument was on order. I fell in love with the smoothness and playability of this bass over the last 2 years, and will definitely have another one of Tom Clement's creations in the future.

19-34 Swamp Ash body Maple neck with Bloodwood board Nordstrand Dual coil bridge pickup. Pictures available here.

Asking $1150 shipped within the continental US 48 states, including a Protec soft case.

Believe I am the 3rd owner of this bass. I've never had it out of my office / music room and appearances suggest it's previous owners took just as good care of the instrument.

2. cubanz

cubanz

Nov 2, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I'm interested in this bass but your link to pics is password protected...

3. Acoustik

Acoustik

Feb 18, 2011
    At work right now so can't fix the hyperlink. Go to the Clement Bass site, click on the gallery menu and scroll to #170. Sorry for the inconvenience!

4. cubanz

cubanz

Nov 2, 2006
    Wisconsin
    didn't look at where your link pointed before. it's not you, it's Clement. appears his whole site is password protected right now. too funny :) just found this:

from Tom's Facebook site:
    Just to let you all know my website is down due to Go Daddy.
    Dear Thomas Clement,

We've got great news for you! Today, we finished migrating your hosting account, CLEMENTBASS.COM, to a new server; you should start noticing improvements within 24 hours. Your visitors – they're really going to appreciate it!

The transition should've been seamless for you, unless your account hosts secondary domains or subdomains. If it does, you'll need to update their primary IP addresses (A records) with whoever controls the domain's DNS (typically the company you used to register your domain) to:

What ever the hell that means. NOT HAPPY!​

5. jebmd

jebmd Gold Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    ClementBodyLowRes.jpg

6. Acoustik

Acoustik

Feb 18, 2011
    That's the one. Love that pic...

7. Any interest in trades?

8. Acoustik

Acoustik

Feb 18, 2011
    Sorry, no trades. If it were not for a TD fretless harp guitar on order which needs to be paid for, I would never sell this lovely fretless bass.

9. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty

Dec 4, 2010
    CO
    PM'd ya.

10. Acoustik

Acoustik

Feb 18, 2011
    Should mention that, while I currently have a "high C" set of strings on the bass, the nut is cut for a "low B" set.

The bass sounds wonderful in either range.

11. Justyn

Justyn

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Wow, that's pretty...and pretty much exactly what I'd spec if I was ordering a new Clement. Passive volume and tone?

12. Acoustik

Acoustik

Feb 18, 2011
    Yes, passive.

That was going to be tomorrow's tidbit of info in case I needed a bump! LOL

13. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what?

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    Cool fretless bump. :)

14. Justyn

Justyn

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Dangit...now what will you do if you need to bump it? :D

15. Acoustik

Acoustik

Feb 18, 2011
    Review of a Tom Clement Jon by Bass Whisperer TV.

Price as new would be $1675, including swamp ash body and single Nordstrand Dual Coil bridge pickup.

Save the waiting time for a new one to be built!

16. Acoustik

Acoustik

Feb 18, 2011
    "I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool." - the eleventh doctor.

17. Acoustik

Acoustik

Feb 18, 2011
    Listing on eBay and/or Craigslist soon.

18. Acoustik

Acoustik

Feb 18, 2011
    Price drop on list before heading over to eBay. $1000 plus actual shipping. Payment by bank check to avoid Paypal fees.

19. Acoustik

Acoustik

Feb 18, 2011
    Still for sale!

20. Acoustik

Acoustik

Feb 18, 2011
    Bass has been sold. Thanks all.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021