1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: FBass 6-String Sets

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by YCBass, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    SOLD

I have 3 brand new and unopened sets of FBass exposed core strings for 6-string bass.

These go for $45 + shipping on the FBass site.

NOTE: The 3rd set is a 5-string set with an added .29 gauge non-exposed core high C from FBass... Which George started using recently, he said at NAMM that he preferred a non-exposed core for the high C.

Open to straight trading for DR Black Beauty 6's.

Thanks in advance.

2. Spfairchild

Spfairchild Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    Let me know the gauges?
    I have a 35" Jerzy Drozd I'd be curious how these work for. Steel or nickel? I happen to have many Prosteels sets I was looking to offload to try some new things. They are almost all 40-60-80-100 with separate Prosteel .28 or .30 Cs and .130 Bs.

3. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Gauges: C .029" - G .043" - D .063" - A .085" - E .102" - B .128"
    These are Stainless Steel, they are La Bella Super Steps in custom gauges for FBass.

4. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    Those are probably made for extra long scale instruments, aren't they? I think the gauges might be a bit too heavy for me though. At that scale, the tension is a few pounds heavier per string than those gauges are on a 34", unless the contact-core feature makes them less tense. Thanks for the info, and I'll PM if interested in pursuing :)

5. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Standard scale length for FBass is 34.5" but the exposed core give the strings a very loose feel... The D'Addarios definitely feel heavier.

6. Is the $32 + shipping for the two sets or per set??

7. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    It's per set. Thanks.

8. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Monday bump.

I think the price is more than fair... I know someone out there is in the market for these strings... FBass owner or otherwise.

9. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Sunday bump!

Open to straight trading for some DR Black Beauty 6's.

10. How many sets are available... is it two or three??? I'm seriously thinking about buying them, and is the price still the same??:meh:

11. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    3 are available, please see the description of the 3rd set in the OP... PM sent. Let me know please. Thanks!

12. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Bump... No love for FBass strings? It must be that cause it can't be the price...

13. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Regardless of whatever apparent deal it may be for folks that were already looking to buy a $45 set of strings, it's still a little on the steep side for experimentation. Maybe there's an F-bass thread here you can try?

14. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    I agree with you in that regard... So yes my target market are folks who are familiar with these or LaBella Super Steps. But experimenting with different types of strings, not just brands, is expensive.

15. Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Too true, unfortunately.

16. Bump for a great TB'er

17. jbo

jbo

May 2, 2007
    Wichita, KS
    Still for sale??

18. jbo

jbo

May 2, 2007
    Wichita, KS
    PMd