1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS feeler: Dingwall Super J5 Geddy Lee

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by AK Rev, Oct 26, 2009.

1. AK Rev

AK Rev

Apr 24, 2007
    Rio Rancho, NM
    This has been a great bass for me but I would like to see if there is any interest in it. I can only have so much gear at one time! Bought new about a year ago. Lightly gigged with no damage or issues except minor handling wear. Currently stringed with TI flats. Comes with Dingwall gig bag. $3000 shipped. Not looking for trades.

This has the active/passive option with the Super Fatty pickups. It also has an Aguilar OBP-1 with a Dingwall hybrid treble control for active boost in active mode and passive cut in both active and passive modes. The B is solid as you would expect.

I don't have a photo of it (can get one for buyers) but it's exactly like this one.
    DingwallGeddyLee5-1.

2. J-Building

J-Building

Jan 1, 2009
    :eek: Delete this thread at once!

3. havuk

havuk

Jan 5, 2005
    DFW TEXAS
    PM sent

4. AK Rev

AK Rev

Apr 24, 2007
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Tempting, eh? It sure draws a lot of attention when I play live. At first, guys think it's just a regular Geddy. You can tell when they start to figure it out as their heads...turn...sideways. :)

5. AK Rev

AK Rev

Apr 24, 2007
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Sold pending funds.

6. DJones

DJones

Jan 4, 2007
    Regina, SK, Canada
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustic Image Amps
    That was quick!

7. Limpingbass

Limpingbass

Sep 19, 2008
    IL
    The bass is my background for my laptop. Just beautiful....

8. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    I had the pleasure of test driving Smallmouth Bass' one last week. They sound and play just as nice!

9. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    Super J's seem to be scarce on the ground, I check several times a day, and I missed the hour this one was for sale.

I'd be bummed if I could play five stringers.

You gotta move fast on these!

10. Sheldon D.

Sheldon D.

Oct 3, 2001
    Wow, that was fast in this economy.

A quick note to the new owner. If TI flats aren't your thing we now have prototype Super J strings. Send me an email and I'll comp you a set.

Sheldon

11. kittyboy

kittyboy Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    One day I'll have one...for now I'm extremely happy with my Super P/J 4-string.

12. stuff like this makes me want a dingwall. :cool:

13. AK Rev

AK Rev

Apr 24, 2007
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Sure, they comp the buyer but not the seller. :) Seriously, Sheldon has always been available to answer questions. They put out a great product. Best B string I have ever heard. I went with the TI flats on Sheldon's recommendation and like them.

14. frootbooty

frootbooty Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    I think that picture is of my Super J 5. I got one of the very first made from Ed Roman thinking I'd be the only one to have one
    Don't I feel like a putz

15. AK Rev

AK Rev

Apr 24, 2007
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I think that was the first one from NAAM. Sheldon can clear that up. Mine was the 2nd or 3rd Geddy I think. Here's another photo of the same one in a lineup.
    IMG_5705.

16. frootbooty

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    I'd be interested to know who got the first and how many are out there. I'm pretty sure Ed Roman was claiming he had it. Here's the pic of mine I think I got from his site
    gettydingwall.

It also came with a black pearl pickguard

17. havuk

havuk

Jan 5, 2005
    DFW TEXAS

I don't know how many there are but I called Dingwall before I found this one and was told I could have one made for me.

18. frootbooty

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Atlanta Bass Gallery has an outstanding looking natural Super J 5 for sale on its website

19. jmattis

jmattis Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Washington DC
    There's a natural/ rosewood one here at Jive Sound in Alexandria. It's freaking awesome.

20. jmattis

jmattis Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Washington DC
    You shouldn't feel like a putz. You should feel like the owner of one of the most badass basses in existence.