1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS- Fender 2008 American P5 Black/Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by chris.gotfunk, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Hey all,

The reason I am selling this is quite a bummer. The first reason is that the wife and I are buying a house and any extra cash in my pocket is huge right now. The other reason is that I have been frustrated musically and quite bored with everything that I am playing. I am planning to take at least 6 months off from 0 playing. I plan to keep my cheapie around, but that will go in its' case under the bed for the time being. Anyway, enough of the sob story.

On to the deets!!!!

Fender 2008 American P5- Flawless!!!! The bass is just like it would be from a store.
    -Black alder body, maple board- Decent flame on the neck
    -Case and case candy included
    The tuners were replaced by the original owner and are not included in this sale. He told me there was an issue with one of them and since he was in Canada, they wanted him to ship to the US (taxes and fees like crazy to ship) so he just bought some Hipshot tuners and put them on.

Lowered price $900 obo shipped to the lower 48 only. I will also consider partial trades plus some cash.

Feel free to hit me with your offers.
    New Pics

SNV32833.

SNV32834.

SNV32835.

p5-1.

p5-2.

p5-3.

p5-4.

2. LowBSix

LowBSix Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Beautiful!!!
    TTT

3. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Thank you and a little bump for a gloomy Tuesday morning....

4. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    well first off, congrats on the house. second, that a bummer to hear about your frustration musically. I hope things get worked out for you.

If I had the scratch, I would buy this in a heart beat. I would love to have a second P5 with a maple neck to go with my Sunburst/rosewood one. Since I got mine set up and everything, I have fallen in love with it. so, free bump for an awesome bass and hopes that you get back to playing soon...

5. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Thanks for the congrats. I hope I get my desire back too. This time off should help.

6. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Added pics and giving her a bump.......I might keep this though.

7. LowBSix

LowBSix Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Should I do this, a Mike Lull PJ5 or LEJ5....
    Decisions, decisions....

8. Supertanker

Supertanker Watch the dog! He is trained to bite!

Jun 23, 2005
    CinCinNati
    Free bump for the only bass I'm missing from my arsenal.

If I hadn't bought that Brubaker last week...

Se La Vie...

9. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Not to anger any possible buyers, but I say hold on to it.

Why keep a "cheapie" as your sole bass when you can have one as nice as this for your go-to (only one, for the time being) bass. There ain't nothing more "meat 'n potatoes" that a Fender P. And obiviously a nice one at that!

Just a thought... good luck to you either way! :)

10. Rudyboy98

Rudyboy98

Jan 25, 2008
    South Bay, CA
    Free bump man...awesome looker there...!

11. funkybe

funkybe Everything is Everything.

Aug 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Someone buy this.... way too tempting

12. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    By the time you get through with the house thing you will be wishing this was under the bed. :bassist:

Frustration is the eternal Honey Do list, hanging curtains, picking new carpet, hanging more curtains, we need to upgrade the bathroom, and the kitchen, and the bedroom. Mowing the grass, fertilizing the grass, weeding the grass, getting the grill situated in the back yard, shelves for the garage, room in the garage, and last but not least, the big screen TV.

All in all you will love the house and fixing it up. Basses come and go but the castle will grow on you. Good luck.

I have the same bass and wish it had the Hipshots!

Fenders best effort toward a quality 5 string by far. Buy it folks, you'll like it!

13. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va

My cheapie is the Squier Classic Vibe J-bass and I cannot put it down. I was playing that over my Dingwall. Plus, I just cannot get into the p-basses. Their tones are great, but they just don't feel comfortable to me. It feels like I am wearing someone else's underwear..:D No, I have not worn anyone else's underwear..... does my wife's count????:eek:

14. timysemi

timysemi

Apr 24, 2009
    Atlanta
    While I would love to grab this one and run, my money is a little too funny right now. However, for future reference I was wondering where is the best place to buy a bass like this since they don't come up used that often. The chain stores and boutique websites rape you if you go to them. They want 1600 + for this bass. Any suggestions?

15. Supertanker

Supertanker Watch the dog! He is trained to bite!

Jun 23, 2005
    CinCinNati
    I would wait for one on TB or eBay...

16. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    +1, you know.... there is one right now on TB that I know of....:D

17. tmw

tmw Gold Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2006
    Delmar, NY
    Sweet Bass....

18. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Thanks for the compliment and a fresh bump!!!!

19. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    Nice, wish I had the money for it, oh and bump.

20. Chris is a smooth guy to deal with... i miss this bass a bit...

heres a free bumpola

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.