1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fender Jazz V (MIM)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ZippyButton, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up for sale is my MIM Fender Jazz V in midnight wine. Bass sounds great, but I've come to grips with the fact that I'm just not a five string player (at least for now).

As you can see in the photos, a previous owner sanded off some of the finish near the forearm cut. I have no idea why he did this... but the bass still plays and sounds great. I will ship the Jazz V in a used generic hard shell case.

$350 Shipped obo.

FullBass_zpsab03cbcf.

SideofBass_zpsfb113796.

IMG_9729_zpsc4d79b8a.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Would you be interested in a USA Peavey Millennium four with J/MM pickups?

3. Dr. Cheese: I put this up with the idea of selling only, but your trade offer has me curious...

I'll have to think about it, and see if I get any purchase offers.

4. Hey ZB,

Does the sanding affect the wood, or just the paint/finish? Tell me about the tuners, they look aftermarket.

Also, is this active or passive?

Any chance of getting some more/better pics of the front, the sanded area, and the backside?

Thanks!

5. And for the record, I'm an interested buyer.

6. Hi Camardelle:

Thanks for the interest.

1. Whoever sanded the bass went all the way through the paint/finish. It looks like they then tried to cover over what they did with some matching paint of some kind. Why the previous owner did this, the world will never know.

2. The bass is passive.

3. I don't know anything about the tuners, sadly. They were there when I bought it.

4. The back of the bass is in good, but not mint, condition. This bass has been gigged and played frequently.

5. I will try to get some more photos up this evening.

7. rolandm

rolandm In search of the lowest note.

Aug 8, 2010
    Peoria, IL
    Tuners are stock, lightweight Gotoh tuners, and that keeps it from neck diving. I have a JazzV in Sage. The boards on these basses are Pau Ferro, and really resonate nicely. Love the way this bass sounds, and $350 is a great price. GLWTS.

8. Thanks to both of you for the info. I can't wait to see more pics!

9. rolandm: Thanks for the great info. A classic example of what makes TB such an awesome resource!

camardelle: Here are the two other pics I had on photobucket. They are all I could upload while still at work.

IMG_9724_zpsd46ec440.

IMG_9722_zpsa446568b.

10. I admit it, I'm a dumb ass. I should have jumped on this when I had the chance. If the chance still exists per your pm price let me know and I'll get you paypal'd. I'll need your paypal address.

Thanks!

11. ZB,

Make sure you pack it well. LOL Thanks for the deal.

12. rolandm

rolandm In search of the lowest note.

Aug 8, 2010
    Peoria, IL
    Congrats on the buy, camardelle!

13. You guys are a bunch of enablers. You know that right. :)

14. I left Matt feedback, but since this thread isn't locked yet let me add that he shipped lightning quick and the bass was in much better than I expected it to be in. Thanks for the deal!

15. Thanks! I'm glad that it arrived. Camardelle is great to deal with.

Now I'll try to figure out how to lock this dern thing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.