1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS Fodera NYC 5 2011

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Cashu, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Cashu

Cashu Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Boston, MA
    SOLD!!
    For sale is this beautiful 2011 Fodera NYC 5-string with flamed walnut top and ash body. I purchased it brand new just earlier this year. I thought I would be keeping this one for a while, but something has come up and I need the cash. This particular NYC is from the last incarnation of these basses. Jason of Fodera has said that these final NYC's offered, what they felt, were the best specs, hardware, electronics and features of this line from over the years, and thus were worthy of having both the butterfly and "Fodera" on the headstock.

This bass is in mint condition except for one tiny white mark on the back of the upper horn (which was on the bass when I received it). This bass has the Pope NYC 3-band, and comes with the Fodera hardshell case. It plays like a dream and has a warm, punchy, resonant tone.

I paid $4000 for this bass earlier this year. Asking $2950. Split shipping. CONUS sales only. Payment by PayPal accepted. Sorry, but NO TRADES.

Flamed walnut top
    Ash body
    1-piece hard rock maple neck
    Maple fingerboard
    Urethane satin finish
    Fodera Gotoh tuners
    Fodera bridge
    Pope NYC 3-band preamp
    70's pickup spacing
    34" scale, 21 large frets
    19mm spacing
    10 lbs
    Fodera hardshell case

FoderaNYC_01.
    FoderaNYC_02.
    FoderaNYC_08.
    FoderaNYC_05.
    FoderaNYC_03.
    FoderaNYC_04.
    FoderaNYC_07.
    FoderaNYC_06.
    FoderaNYC_09.
    FoderaNYC_10.

2. sfbabali

sfbabali

May 11, 2009
    France
    Those are superb basses for sure... I had an ash/maple cousin of this one (with spalted maple top) and it sounded brilliant, only sold it to upgrade ^^

I remember this one from Donovan am I right?

3. Cashu

Cashu Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Boston, MA
    You are correct, sir.

4. sfbabali

sfbabali

May 11, 2009
    France
    Fodera hunter, yes sir ^^

Here's Donovan video about it
    I really loved this bass, perfect complement to my alder/ebony... Really smooth sounding and precise, really high end... This ash/mapple combo really worked on those late NYC series

Only sold it to fund my Emp II, and i'm still keeping one NYC for "daily basis gigs" ^^
    xD

5. ms1369

ms1369

Feb 16, 2008
    chicago burbs
    Nice looking bass. I've owned a 1/2 dozen or so NYC's and they were all fantastic instruments. Good luck with the sale.

6. Davidg

Davidg Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Great opportunity to get a Fodera at a fantastic price!
    I have a 4-string version of one of these with the Fodera 2-band eq and it feels, plays (and looks) great. Even though one or two parts (the bodies I think) of these were outsourced to a workshop in Japan this last batch of NYCs were all built and set-up in the same Brooklyn shop by the same hands that build all Foderas. Vinnie, Joey and Jason would never let an instrument leave the shop with the Fodera name on it if it wasn't up to their (extremely high) standards.

7. DonovanBankhead

DonovanBankhead Banned Commercial User

Aug 25, 2001
    Springfield, MO
    Owner - FretSpot.com; Vice President - Springfield Music
    That is an awesome bass - I remember it well! A great price too - as these upgrades (the top and preamp) were not cheap!

8. Hugo Garrido

Hugo Garrido

Nov 16, 2011
    hi, I want buy your bass, I'm from mexico I would pay the shipping

9. Cashu

Cashu Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Boston, MA
    SOLD.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and interest.