1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS / FT: 1984 Black ARIA SB-1000 SB1000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kharmakazee1, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Now FT ONLY:
    1984 Aria SB-1000. Moderate player wear, no breaks, cracks etc. Original electronics. Sounds and plays KILLER!
    Original Case. Recent re-fret via Master Luthier M. Sherriff here in Dallas.
    Having trouble getting a handle on the value of the bass seeing as though I see re-issues going for $2999 and there is one in Japan with an asking price of $2500 on Ebay right now. I have recieved over a Dozen PM's from the members here on TB and they too have been ALL OVER the spectrum so...... as for now I am looking for a TRADE ONLY. PRE-75 Fender P - ORIGINAL. Condition is for the most part NOT a factor and will be accessed on a case by case basis.

mrpatrick54 likes this.
  2. larry heinemann

larry heinemann Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2007
    How much does your SB-1000 weigh?

Larry

3. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Sorry mate, I don't have a digital but going the traditional route it weighs in right around 10 lbs. They were never known for being light but they are definitely tone monsters!
    Thanks for looking and let me know if you're interested for sure!

4. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    TTT

5. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    BUMP

6. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Against the TOS to ask a member to gift a PP payment to avoid fees. Might want to adjust your OP.

7. If only you could easily get this over to the UK....

8. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    If both parties are in agreement to send a "Personal" payment, then TB has no rules against it.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/announcement.php?f=126&a=235

Aria SB-Bump!

9. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks Madd! Funny how I counted over 20 ads last night with the same exact wording yet there was NOBODY popping up on them stating that rules were being broken. Guess it's who you know or how long you've been around. It would make sense if I said I ONLY accept PP and you have to "gift" payment but that's not the case at all. I take cash, M.O. first borns :)
    Appreciate the help Anthony!

10. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Weekend BUMP!

11. Leo thechampion

Leo thechampion

Nov 2, 2011
    Great 80's bass you got there mate, good luck

12. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Confused with the trade offer. Is it the bass and $$$ to make up the asking price?

13. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    I don't see an asking price, you say trade only. I seriously doubt you'll get anywhere close to your estmated value though. How you set the value is to ask how many of these are actually selling on Ebay for $2500-$2999? Everyone could ask $2500 for these but if they are only worth that if people are buying them for that.

14. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Totally forgot that we changed this to a FT thread only....with a Very specific trade option, and I believe that most here are mistaken. The value of an object is set and determined by the owner of said object. I believe that the rules here on TB ate very clear. If you don't like the price, find another. Seems to be 2 others for sale here with changed parts and not Near as rare of finish and the asking prices are Quite similar.

15. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Good luck

16. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Already have offers on eBay that I am willing to sell for. Just figured that it would be worth more to the community here than overseas. Guess not.

17. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Maybe its more valuable in the overseas market, that seems to often be the case

18. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Going to Germany!
    SOLD!

19. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    JA! :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.