1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT 2003 Korean Lakland 55-01 Upgraded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cthomas5200, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cthomas5200

cthomas5200 Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Selling my trusty 55-01 as I am having a major GAS attack. I purchased this bass on TB about 2 years ago and it is in great shape. I have gone through a couple of different pickup/pre configurations and just recently put in a new set of Nordstrand Big Splits and an Audere Pro Z 4 band pre (stacked hi mid/low mid and bass/treble). This bass plays and sounds fantastic, but unfortunately does not get as much love as I play my 55-60 all the time.

Pictures show a few more smudges and swirls (should have cleaned it before the pictures), but otherwise there is almost not a mark on it. There is a scratch/indentation on the back of the neck at the 9th fret that was there when I got it. It probably could be buffed out, but I never bothered. Strings are month old Lakland Nickels and the action is set up medium-low. Truss rod works great. The pickguard is held on with double sided tape and comes right off. Case is a good condition TKL with the usual minor scratches and dings, but the latches and hinges are all in great shape.

I am looking for $700 shipped to the CONUS. I have a LOT more into this than that (isn't that always the case?), but feel this is a fair price given you are getting a great bass with brand new pickups ($200) and preamp (also $200).

As far as trades, I am looking for a 4 string Stingray but also would consider a Lakland 55-02 and would be open to adding cash as necessary.

Attached Files:

2. cthomas5200

Jun 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    More pictures

Attached Files:

3. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Feb 16, 2011
    South Carolina
    sick deal!

4. kshipley1

kshipley1 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    How much does this beauty weigh? Thx

5. Bassdog32

Bassdog32

Aug 8, 2008
    I have a very nice made in Japan TRB 4 II to offer. I need a 5'er and have it listed here for sale or trade. :D

6. Bassdog32

Bassdog32

Aug 8, 2008
    Here's the pic.

7. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Awesome bass, the perfect upgrades.

8. cthomas5200

Jun 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks. Beautiful bass, but I am totally looking for that Stingray tone.

9. cthomas5200

Jun 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA

Thanks.

10. cthomas5200

Jun 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Weight is 9lbs 12.6ozs per my digital scale. Also, I am good with Paypal. Keep those inquiries coming.

11. kshipley1

kshipley1 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    great upgrades

12. cthomas5200

Jun 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA

Thanks. The Nordy's are amazing and to my have almost all the benefit of single coils without the noise. I also am totally an Audere Fan and have played several others. I love that it really gives you the active eq but in output and tone you it is a passive bass. You even plug it in to the passive input in your amp! Most times I actually use the pickup blend as my "tone" control, I set the bass to the room, and then use the hi and lo mids for punch and presence in the mix, rarely needing to add much and the bass just jumps out. The Z mode switch is also cool but hasn't really worked for me live. I have talked to the guys at Audere and they told me there design is really to take what your bass and pickups are giving and just bring it to the front without any color. To my ears they really have it nailed. .

13. cthomas5200

Jun 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Sale pending.

14. cthomas5200

Jun 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    And Sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.