1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Alembic Essence unlined fretless 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nigelgoss, Oct 15, 2013.

1. nigelgoss

nigelgoss

Jul 6, 2011
    Nantucket, MA
    Ok, here goes. After much inner turmoil, my alembic is finally up for sale. I've lately switched almost exclusively to double bass, and when I do the odd rock gig I go for my fender. I keep waiting for the excuse to play this, but it never seems to come, and it deserves to be played.

EDIT: not considering trades at this time. sorry for confusion

walnut top, mahogany body, neck - maple/walnut, ebony fingerboard

currently strung with D'Addario half-rounds.

straplocks, original documentation/owners manual.

original alembic case with locking latches/key - middle latch on the case wont close, (see pic) but the two main end latches work fine. case has some scratches dings etc.

Bought this new in 2005 from Bass Northwest in Seattle, played very frequently for about 6/7 years. some cosmetic wear and tear... corrosion on the hardware, gold plating beginning to wear off etc. one of the tone knobs looks a little worse for the wear, but everything functions fine electronically. A few weeks ago I took it into the local guitar shop to get the fingerboard dressed and had some screws replaced - the guy replaced them with flathead screws instead of philips to match the other screws on the bass... could be frustrating for someone trying to do a quick fix in a hurry - four flatheads total, all on the electronics cover - see pic. Also one small divot under the A string at the nut, but it doesn't seem to affect playability - see pics below, sorry for blurryness. I think i've gotten everything on camera, so WYSIWYG.

Asking $1600 $1200 OBO + shipping from Massachussetts.

Sep 18, 2016: bass still up for sale, still in same condition. Let me know if your interested!

full_body_case.

body_2.

body.

body_back.

headstock.

headstock_back.

bridge_pic.

tone_knobs.

pickup.

truss_cover.

screws.

divot.

divot_2.

latch.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  2. if it were only fretted bump.........

3. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    +1

4. jon5252

jon5252 Gold Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Boise Idaho
    Very cool Bass!!

5. nigelgoss

nigelgoss

Jul 6, 2011
    Nantucket, MA
    it is definitely a cool bass, sorry to let it go. twocan, checked your post and realized that this is exactly what you were looking for... if only it were fretted....

6. tjnkoo

tjnkoo

Apr 19, 2011
    Metro Atlanta
    I'm located right here in Boston but am trying to sell another fretless first to make room. I'm talking to a couple of people right now if its here a couple days you might get a PM.

7. nigelgoss

nigelgoss

Jul 6, 2011
    Nantucket, MA
    bumparoo

8. did you sell yet? I am interested-- Thanks--

9. nigelgoss

nigelgoss

Jul 6, 2011
    Nantucket, MA
    Bass is still for sale! Glad to see folks are still looking. Hit me up via pm.

10. nigelgoss

nigelgoss

Jul 6, 2011
    Nantucket, MA
    Reviving an oooolld thread... Price drop!

11. Dec_BassManMiers

Dec_BassManMiers

Sep 30, 2014
    Super tempted...only if you were taking trades

12. nigelgoss

nigelgoss

Jul 6, 2011
    Nantucket, MA
    Just give in. This is a sweet bass.

13. Lloydtownsend

Lloydtownsend

Aug 23, 2010
    Michigan
    None
    I've always wondered what a fretless alembic sounds like....
    this is a saweet bass.

14. nigelgoss

nigelgoss

Jul 6, 2011
    Nantucket, MA
    You got it Lloyd. This thing sounds rich and creamy, not the classic nasal fretless sound. You can get a really thick beefy sub sound if you want, or if you dial it back, it just sounds like chocolate. You can get the classic fretless sound out of it too though. I found it very versatile tone wise

15. nigelgoss

nigelgoss

Jul 6, 2011
    Nantucket, MA
    Sold!