1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Elrick E-volution Thru-Neck Platinum Series 6-String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Freddy-G., Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For sale: My Elrick E-volution Thru-Neck 6 string Platinum Series bass. I bought this bass new at the Atlanta Bass Gallery last October. It has seen zero gigs and only a handful of practices. That doesn't mean it doesn't sound good. As a matter of fact, it sounds GREAT! If you've played a similar one, you know exactly what I mean. Rob Elrick is a master of selecting beautiful and great sounding tonewoods. And he's found the perfect electronics package for this bass, too. You hear a lot about the great necks that certain luthiers create. I'd put Rob up there with the best of them. It's one of the best necks I've EVER held in my hand. I would LOVE to keep this bass, but I'm moving away from 6-string basses. The music I play doesn't call for a 6-string.

Condition: Perfect. Like new. Looks untouched.
    Weight: 9.12 lbs. (postal scale)
    Shipped in a padded Elrick labeled gig bag

Specs:

- Marvelously Figured Maple top with matching headstock
    - Sweet looking Ash body with matching cavity cover
    - 3-piece maple neck (neck thru body design)
    - Bubinga Fretboard with zero fret
    - 35" scale
    - 19mm string spacing at the bridge
    - Bartolini narrow aperture humcancelling pickups
    - Bartolini NTMB 3-band preamp with active/passive switch, and mid frequency switch
    - Black Hipshot hardware
    - Dunlop locking strap buttons

$2,200 shipped to the lower 48 states. Cash is king, but I will entertain trades. Mainly interested in 5-string J-type basses. USA Lakland, Nordy, Sadowsky, Fender CS, Alleva Coppollo, Lull, FBass, etc. Plus cash to you or me as needed for a trade.

DSCN0191.

DSCN0150.

DSCN0153.

DSCN0194.

All pics:
    Elrick E-volution Thru-Neck 6 pictures by FreddyG02 - Photobucket

Thanks for looking!
    - Gary

2. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    I was just thinking about this bass yesterday Freddy, I still have a subscription to the last thread ;) I'll send you a PM

3. Here's your gift for the Holidays! :bassist:

4. Come on, man! You're killing me!

5. Only 9.12 pounds on my postal scale. :eek: Not bad for a 6-string.

6. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    What is the string spacing at the bridge on this :hyper: bass?

Beautiful!

Thin neck front to back?

7. String spacing is 19mm at the bridge. And yes, the neck is a shallow C shape. Very thin from front to back. And VERY smooth to the touch.

8. You're going to pay a LOT more for a new one. And this one is like new. Don't pass this deal up.

9. Since his official public debut at the 1993 Summer NAMM in Nashville, Elrick Bass Guitars is still a one man shop. Rob Elrick continues to be one of the few boutique manufacturers that still hand carves each instrument, without the use of shapers, copy carvers or CNC mills. All necks and body profiles are individually carved by hand.

10. Are we not men? We are E-vo! :D

11. man, I pull this up every day and stare at this bass. I wish we could trade.

12. rashrader

rashrader

Mar 4, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    Somebody hide this from me... Too beautiful. Must ReSisT...

13. any interest in a stingray and a promise to be your friend forever (very valuable in some circles) :)

Good luck, that's a smokin bass.

14. Thanks! :)

15. Zuokie

Zuokie

Oct 25, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    WOW, great looking bass! TB is bad new for my savings.

16. Cashu

Cashu

Feb 9, 2008
    Boston, MA
    IMO a used Elrick has got to be one of the best bargains out there for boutique basses. Sound, playability, looks, all stellar. This Evo 6 looks fantastic.

17. rybass309

rybass309

Feb 11, 2011
    CT
    That's a beauty! I just picked up my first elrick 6 and I am a convert! they are light, the neck is awesome being a 6 and all, the action is incredible and the 19mm spacing is where it's at. Killer bass for the $$. good luck with the sale.

18. Seriously. I'm going crazy over here trying to think of a way to get this. So gorgeous!!!

19. rashrader

rashrader

Mar 4, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    Why is this bass still here? It is haunting my every move!!!

20. A local 2 for 2 trade was made this morning. Thanks to everyone who made an offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.