SOLD FS/FT FEELER: 2007 Fender Reggie Hamilton Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassphreak, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassphreak

bassphreak Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    I saw this in another ad and thought it was true here too. I reserve the right to come to my senses and hang on to Reggie

Picked up an Epi Les Paul so really looking to sell.

Up for sale/trade is an absolutely mint Fender Reggie Hamilton Jazz. Active/passive jazz with the coveted P/J configuration. I bought it new and it's in new condition. Absolutely great bass and I never thought I'd consider selling. However, over the holidays I finally got my hands on a MIA Jazz with the S1. The basses both look and sound very similar. I play casually and like everyone else in this economy, I can't afford or justify keep unused basses. I had a thread up to help me decide what to do. I'm putting this up to see what the level of interest is.

This is an awesome bass but is too nice to sit on my hanger and not get played. Going to look for other sounds.

I have the original tort pickguard and the black reggie pg that I picked up off 3rdbass. The black is currently on it.

Again: perfect as new condition. They raised the prices on these to $999. I'm looking for $600 + shipping. That's about what I paid, and it's $400 off new. Will be shipped in a gig bag. Not the original one that it came with but an equivalent one.

Trades? Can't really trade now.....picked up an older epi les paul that should fit the bill for me. But always interested in

- spector rex or older ns/similar
    - schecter ultra (had one and really liked it)
    - schecter 004 (again had one and wouldn't mind again)
    - schecter studio
    - LTD EC-404
    - warwick corvette
    - something different

Not really looking for fender p or j. Love my jazz so I'm set.

Description from GC:

It combines a Noiseless J Bass pickup in the bridge position and American Series Precision pickup at the neck. A mini-toggle switch chooses passive mode with volume and pan, or active mode with 3-band EQ. A Hipshot Bass Xtender drop D key on the E string eliminates the need for a 5-string. Alder body, maple neck, and 20-fret rosewood fingerboard.
    Fender Reggie Hamilton Jazz Bass Features:

* Alder body
    * Maple neck
    * Rosewood fingerboard
    * 20 frets
    * 1 American Series Precision Bass pickup (neck)
    * 1 Custom Noiseless Jazz Bass pickup (bridge)
    * Mini-toggle active/passive switch
    * Active mode: master volume, pickup pan, 3-band EQ with bass, mid, and treble boost/cut
    * Passive mode: master volume, pickup pan
    * Black/white/black 3-ply pickguard on black version
    * 4-ply tortoise shell on sunburst version
    * American Vintage Jazz bridge
    * Open gear tuning machines
    * Hipshot Bass Xtender drop D key on the E string

2. does that come with a case?

3. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    It had a standard fender gigbag, but I no longer have. I have another gigbag that it will ship in.

4. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    I may be able to ship with a semi hard roadrunner case, but would depend on if i trade for something with a case. The roadrunner is a universal fit so it works with most any 34 in scale. Great condition, but again not sure if I'll include.

5. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    Updated trade list. I have a line a few SUBs so leaning toward sale, but trading is always easier.

6. tardinha

tardinha

Aug 18, 2008
    Hey,

Would you consider shipping to Australia, of course with me covering all shipping?

I was all set to order a new one, and Fender Australia have no stock, not to mention the huge price rise!

I'm not sure what shipping would be, however most places charge about $100-$130 to ship to Aus via UPS.

Happy to discuss if you're interested :)

Thanks

Mark

7. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    I'm currently traveling on business this week so my response times are a lagging.

All PMs replied.

8. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA

Let me look into. I'm not sure of the costs or the best way to ship (safely) overseas.

9. tardinha

tardinha

Aug 18, 2008
    Hey!

I hate to do this to you, but I found a retailer that has one coming in, and I beat him down $600!

So, I'm all set.

Good luck!

Thanks

Mark

10. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I love these basses!

11. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    i'm back all pms replied. looking for 4 string fretted for any trades. prefer to stick to the list above or similar. i'm not in any rush and i'm being pretty selective. thanks.

12. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    some interesting trade ideas, but nothing on my list. keep em coming. thanks.

13. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    picked up an older epi les paul that should fit my need. mostly interested in sale now unless you have something interesting.

14. kauhi17

kauhi17

May 21, 2006
    Honolulu, HI
    Endorsing Artist:Schroeder Bass Cabinets
    Pm'd you

15. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    pm sent !!

16. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    Sorry for the late responses to the last round of PMs. I had a last minute business trip that took me offline for the last few days. All PMs have been responded to.

I have put the bass on ebay. There are no bids at this point. I will pull the auction if any TBers put in an offer. Thanks.

17. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    OK. Back to square 1.

I thought I had a local sale and pulled the ebay auction. Sale fell through. AND I will likely either send the Epi Les Paul back or sell it. It's a maple body and the tone is too bright for me.

So, Reggie is back up on the block. Again, I'm not in any hurry and waiting for the right offer or trade. I have found a nice Ultra and LTD but other parties not interested in trades.

Thanks.

18. Bump for a beautiful bass.

19. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    On hold pending payment.....

20. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    and SOLD.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.