1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT Feeler 2010 Lakland 55-02

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by vernhillbass, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

May 11, 2012
    I am selling/trading my 2010 Lakland 55-02 Black/Maple 5 string bass. I have come to the realization that I am just not a five string guy. I would be willing to trade even for a similar 44-02 (preferably with a maple neck). The bass plays like a dream and has very flexible tone controls. There are no issues with this fine bass. I would prefer a trade but would sell this for $925 with a HSC included plus shipping CONUS. Bass weighs right a 9.5 pounds. Will post pics tomorrow.

Nut Width: 1.81"
    Nut Type: Plastic
    Fret Size: .041/.085"
    Width at Final Fret: 3.3"
    1st Fret Neck Depth: .81"
    12th Fret Neck Depth: .92"
    Fingerboard Radius: 10-13" (Compound)
    Scale Length: 35"
    Frets: 22
    Bridge String Spacing: .75"
    Neck Wood: Flat-Sawn Maple with Graphite Reinforcement Bars
    Body wood: Ash
    Fingerboard: Maple with Dots
    Fretted with side dots
    Maple with Dots
    Tuners: Hipshot Lisc. Ultra-Lite's
    Truss Rod Access: Neck Heel: 4mm Hex
    Controls: Cut and Boost: Bass, Midrange, Treble, Panning- style Pickup Blend Control
    Master Volume (pull for preamp bypass)
    3-way Bridge Pickup Coil Tap Toggle
    Bridge: Lakland Dual Access (through body or through bridge)
    Preamp: Lakland LH3
    Pickups: Lakland MM-J Config

Would trade even for a similar 44-02.

2. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

May 11, 2012
    Couple of pics. More to follow. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1364707319.753387. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1364707355.650241.

3. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

May 11, 2012
    Happy Easter! More pics ImageUploadedByTalkBass1364770211.537690. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1364770232.795127.

4. GZ2

GZ2

Oct 21, 2009
    I really like this bass. If you still have it by the end of the week. I'll give you a shout.

5. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

May 11, 2012
    Cool. It is a great bass. I just need a 4. I like having the 5'er for Church because we do a lot of E flat and A flat but playing classic rock the low B is never used (and it messes up my brain). Have a great day!

6. FunkBoy

FunkBoy Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Saugerties, NY
    Endorsing: Martin Keith Guitars
    Bump for a great looking bass, GLWTS!

7. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

May 11, 2012
    Thanks, dude. Your bass ad convinced me to sell mine. I'm really impressed with this bass, and my band loves it, but my brain can't get itself wrapped around the 5th string. It does sound killer when you end a tune on a low B or C. If mine sells and yours is still for sale I'll hit you up.

8. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    I have the same bass, except mine is a 2007 Korean version with the LH3 electronics. It is the bass that has me forever converted to Laklands. Somebody is going to get a smokin' deal on an amazing instrument!

9. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

May 11, 2012
    Thanks for the kind words. I am sold on Laklands, too. For the price this is the best 5er I have ever played. Still looking for a 44-02 to trade with. I have only seen one on TB lately. The Laklands don't come up for sale often which speaks to their quality and value.

10. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

May 11, 2012
    Bass is sold and heading to Maryland!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.