1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT : Fodera Anthony Jackson Presentation

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Nick Bassman, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Price or Trade Value : £7500 circa $12000 + shipping

After much mental to-ing and fro-ing and soul searching I have come to the decision that the time is right to let my Fodera AJ Presentation go to a new home. Truth is that these days it never gets played, due to my hand problems I'm now sticking to 34" or less scale length instruments.

Any way here she is up for sale/trade.

A beautiful Fodera Anthony Jackson Presentation model 6 string bass. I bought this bass in 2003 from a really great guy in the US. He had bought it virtually unused in 2001, this is also the year it was built. This bass has a 36" scale length with a 28 fret fingerboard of Madagascar Kingwood. The neck is maple with pin stripe purpleheart stringers, the body is swamp ash and the carved top a lovely Curly Redwood. There is a single custom Fodera pickup and the bass is totally passive, no controls or preamp. It has a lovely tone and plays nicely with a nice low action. The bass is in excellent condition, there are three cosmetic "dings" which are not at all deep or serious but are mentioned for completeness. There is a shallow dent on the front of the bass about 2mm square only noticeable when the light catches it the right way, a similar mark on the rear of the bass too. A small (1mm diameter) ding on the pickup cover itself too. There is also a little finish sink on the lower horn. These blemishes are shown in the photos. The playing surfaces are all clean from any blemishes. The bass comes with the original hard case and tools.

In terms of trades the following would be of interest Alleva Coppolo, Sadowsky, Fodera etc; and of course straight money :)

Please bear in mind I am UK based so there will be duties and taxes to be taken into account. I will of course handle those nasty necessities at my end. Buyers costs are not included from my side.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Nick

IMG_0118.

IMG_0117.

IMG_0120.

IMG_0121.

IMGP0006_zps4e285bac.

IMGP0005_zpsc10fcf6c.

IMGP0004_zpse79dd8b7.

DSC_0167_zpsbd7974fb.

2. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks.

Jan 25, 2011
    Camarillo, CA
    This may be the absolute most beautiful example of a Presentation I have ever seen. GLWTS!

3. Tom Szell

Tom Szell

Aug 27, 2005
    Nashville
    Nick, it's been quite a long time! This is a fantastic bass and I have fond memories of it! Good luck with the sale, it's worth every penny.
    All the best,
    tom

4. Ooh.. It's nice to see this again..!

Stunning.

5. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Nick,

I am sorry you are having to sell this instrument. I know Anthony tried to persuade you to keep it but such is life.

I remember when this was for sale and if it were in my budget I would buy it immediately.

Best of luck.

6. Hey Tom,

I was hoping you would surface in this thread. For those that don't know Tom is the guy who I bought the AJ from in the first place.

It is indeed a fabulous bass. :)

How are things with you ?

Best wishes

Nick

7. Thanks for the kind words, Dan.

Anthony gave me some hope at the time but life deals certain hands and it really isn't to be for me.

Best wishes

Nick

8. sfbabali

sfbabali

May 11, 2009
    France
    Regarding taxes, and as long as this has been built in the US (which won't be hard to prove) I'm pretty sure this is a tax-free shipping if it goes back to it's place of birth...

BTW, how much does it weight?
    Do u happen to have soundclips anyone?

Cheers mate, superb instrument...
    :)

9. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    That's incorrect. I've been charged import taxes of 5-7% (don't recall exactly) for a Zon bass coming from Latvia (ex West Russia) using DHL.

10. Hi there,

I don't know the rules there but I do know if I bought say a Status bass, made in the UK, from say Bass Central I would definitely pay import duty and tax on it.

I have no soundclips unfortunately just grab one of the Hiromi Trio Project albums to hear how it should sound ;)

It isn't as heavy as it looks probably due to the chambering I seem to recall when I did weigh it came in around 10-11lbs, I'll check it out again.

Best wishes

Nick

11. Just weighed the beast it comes in at 11.5lbs and interestingly reduced my body fat percentage when I stood on the scales with it ;)

12. DELACIUS

DELACIUS

Sep 6, 2007
    Croatia
    Nick all best with the sale!!!

what a amazing instrument!!!

cheers!

13. Bump time :)

14. Moooon

Moooon

Nov 15, 2011
    great bass!!!

15. Bump and price reduced to £7500 !!

16. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    Now thats what you call plug and play. No controls to fart around with. Great looking instrument.

17. Wow! It looks amazing! Great to have such detailed shots of it! If you haven't sold it yet you should consider bringing it to the London Guitar Show. You'd definitely get a buyer!

18. stunning... always!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.