1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT: Lakland Skyline 44-01

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bbecker, Mar 24, 2009.

1. bbecker

bbecker

Feb 10, 2009
    Looking to sell or trade my recently purchased 2008 Lakland 44-01. Bass is in the same condition as I purchased it. The only cosmetic issue is the finish top of the pu blend knob has been worn off. Will ship with a Fender gig bag.

I really like the feel of the bass, but I haven't been able to get the real punchy sound out of it that I like.

Looking to sell for $575-600 including shipping. Also open for trades. Specifically, a deluxe active p-bass or an aerodyne, but I am also open to others. More pics available.

IMG_1568.
    IMG_1569.
    IMG_1570.

2. bbecker

bbecker

Feb 10, 2009
    Avoiding work at the office bump!

3. bbecker

bbecker

Feb 10, 2009
    Bump for trades?

4. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Have you considered swapping the Barts out for a Nordstrand set (Big Singles or Big Splits)? IMO they would definitely give you the extra punch you're looking for.

Check this thread out - talk is mainly about a 55-01, but it should give you a good idea:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=403402

Just a suggestion. :) Good luck either way!

5. bbecker

bbecker

Feb 10, 2009
    Thanks for the tip, I will check it out.

6. bbecker

bbecker

Feb 10, 2009
    Morning bump!

7. bbecker

bbecker

Feb 10, 2009
    One more bump before I go pickup shopping.

8. i'm considering picking up a 44-01 for the same thing-upgrading pickups. now that i have had my 55-02 for a little while, i've been thinking about getting something to mess around with the electronics on.

glws...i don't have the cash for one just yet, but maybe soon.

9. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    FWIW, I've heard that the Nordies aren't a drop in replacement on the 4 strings like they are on the 5's. Sad, because I'd love one to put Fat Stacks or Dual Coils in :(

10. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    I upgraded my 44-01 with Big Single and an Audere Classic 4 Pre. The nordies drop right in on the 44-01. There is a very slight gap, maybe between an 1/8 and a 1/16. So if you don't mind a barely noticable gap around your PUs then they are basically a "drop in replacement." Take the plunge and go with the Nordies.

Sorry for the derail. OP good luck with the sale.

11. bbecker

bbecker

Feb 10, 2009
    I finally just went ahead and ordered a set of big singles. I really like the neck and feel of the 44-01, so hopefully the pu change will get me the sound I want!