1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT Peavey T-40 (Red/rosewood)!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Scottpro1969, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    Up for sale/trade is my Peavey T-40, 1982 I think. It is in very good condition cosmetically. The body has some bumps/bruises consistent with a 30 year old bass. Also there's an area on the back of the neck that is worn (see pic) from rubbing against the plastic storage compartment in the case. I've done a couple of upgrades that I think make this bass really stand out.

I swapped out the black pickguard and put on a WD white pearloid. Next I had "Frets on the Net" make me some polished aluminum pickup rings to replace the black ones. I replaced the pickup selector switch, which was not working.

All electronics function as they should. The neck is in excellent condition with almost zero fret wear. The truss rod functions back and forth as it should. It does need a set up. The bridge looks almost brand new. No pitting or rusting. All height adjustment screws work as they should. I DO have the truss rod cover. I will try to find it and include it with the sale/trade. Includes the hardshell case. All latches work.

Something very cool is the back of the headstock is personally signed by the creator of the T-40 and T-60 instruments, Mr. Chip Todd.

You all know this is a tone monster, and it is heavy....around 11.5 lbs on my bathroom scale. My back can't take that weight anymore. I have degenerative disc disease in 3 areas of my lower back and need something really light.

Trade interests are anything light-weight, short-scale preferrably. Open to 6 string electric offers too, or 12 string acoustics. Cash price will be $395 shipped to lower 48, USPS money order only. I've got over $500 into this bass and she sounds great. Someone will be very happy.

Here are a couple of pics, and a link to more:

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc156/Scottpro1969/

2. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    Quick note, the pics I attached to the thread show a few screws missing...they are now installed as seen in the pics shown in the link I attached.

3. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    Bump for an awesome bass! These are magnificent and worth triple. AND IN RED??? HOT HOT HOT...

GLWTS... Someone is going to be happy!

CHEERS!

4. sears

sears Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2005
    ec, md
    what a looker!

5. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    Thanks guys. It really is a great sounding bass. GASing for a certain Inca Gold P-Bass ;)

6. Jkillian02

Jkillian02

Apr 27, 2012
    Might have to pick one of these up soon. Would be nice to relive some old memories. My first guitar was a Peavey T-15 and had a monster hardshell case with a small amp installed in the case. She is a beauty! Free bump!

7. Joe Milstein

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    .....still here? tempting! drooooool!!

8. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    Hey Joe,
    Yep, still here! A couple interesting trade offers.

9. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    No T-40 love? I don't want to take this to the bay.

Price drop: $395 shipped to lower 48, USPS Money order only.

Still open to trades listed in original post.

10. Rushing

Rushing Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Minnesota
    Oh I love it and if I had the cash...I'd even offer up my 87 Peavey Patriot for trade. GLWTS

11. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Do you still have the original pickguard and pickup surrounds? If so, what condition are they in? Any authentication for Chip Todd signauture? What all do you mean by needs a set-up - strings, fret buzzes/dead frets, action, neck straightning, other? Does the microtilt work properly? Thanks. :)

12. Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    On hold pending payment.

13. Joe Milstein

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    Sounds like someone is going to be happy!:hyper:

Thread Status: