1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT RARE SURINE QUEST NT 6 STRING WITH 5 PIECE NECK - WALNUT/EBONY

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Hot Pocket, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here is a hard to find piece.

SURINE QUEST 5 NT with Walnut and Ebony. 5 piece neck. Bartolinis, 3 band and gig bag. This bass was almost $6K new. It is in overall good shape with a few dings here and there, a bit of wear on 3 saddles and some frets are a little sharp at edges. Missing top knob at knob stack but all controls work properly. Plays and sounds fantastic. Very Ken Smith like in terms of quality, playability an sound. Pianolike. 61.

6back.

Will consider trades for other high end 5, 6 and 7 string basses including Ken Smith, STR, Warrior, Elrick, Sadowsky NYC, Human (German only), F Bass, Roscoe, Lull, SEI or new Apple products.

Streetprice was originally $6200. SALE: $2699 or best offer or consider trades. Please note that I also have a matching Surine Quest 7 String Fretless in Koa available and listed here on TB.

\***THanks for pointing to that I listed it as a 5 rather than a 6. I will correct that forthwith!

2. Thanks for the trade offers. May be close to a trade but nothing has been finalized because it would be an international transaction and I think the shipping cost both ways may end up killing the deal. These Surines are AMAZING basses of the quality of Ken Smith or Alembic. BUMP

3. mr. zero

mr. zero

Sep 21, 2001
    Lansdale, PA
    Does the potential trader realize that it has an extra string? :)

4. Extra? :), heh. I guess traditionally, it has two extra. But is it extra if ya use them all? This a very rare, incredible instrument created by an accomplished, if unsung, master. Been lookin at Surine since his first review in BP mag, ages ago. Never gotta chance ta own one. Very nice one here. I wish...

5. mr. zero

mr. zero

Sep 21, 2001
    Lansdale, PA
    No, I meant extra in that the OP listed it as a 5 string, when in actuality it's a 6. :)

6. Corrected to reflect that it is a 6 not a 5 string. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Thanks also for the trade offers. Close but still no cigar a of yet. BUMP

7. Ha! Yeah, realized my faux pas after postin. Saw "Surine", quit readin rest o'thread title. Then saw the 7. Fretless, even... I was all confused. Free bump fer my fave bass on TB.

8. Cleanhead_Tom

Cleanhead_Tom

May 5, 2012
    Germany
    pm´d you ...

9. pm'd you back. WOUld like to do that deal but we would need to work out the cross shipping duet your international location. Until that is resolved, I need to keep this bass available for sale or trade. Hoe to hear back in the meantime. This is a very Ken Smith like bass BUMP.

10. BUMP

11. Got some nice tree offers but nothing firm yet. Price lowered too. BUMP. MAKE ME AN OFFER!

12. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Wow, that is quite a looker! What's the scale length on her?

13. I believe that this is a 35" scale according to their website. PM'd 1 trade offer possible waiting for a return email. CUrrently still available until noted otherwise. This is a great bass! BUMP!

14. More pics coming. 5 trade offers so far, 2 are close but not deal yet. BUMP

15. TRADED. A little cleaning up and this one will really shine. I still have one Surine Quest lest (it is a 7 Fless listed on TB).

THIS 6 IS NOW GONE. THANKS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.