1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Roscoe SKB 6 Black Gold - Glock & Audere pre

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by groov'ster, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Below is from the Bass Central site where I purchased it from in March this year. At that time I paid $3344.00. The price has gone up since then as these basses are in demand. The description below is the bass up for sale. Attached below are two pics from the BC site as well.

Roscoe SKB 3006 Black-Gold Stain Exhibition Grade Quilt Maple Top Over Swamp Ash Body, Maple/Purpleheart Neck w/Bird's Eye Maple Fingerboard, Bartolini Humbuckers & Audere 4 -Band EQ, DiamondWood Nut, Black Hardware, Case. $5195/Sale $3896 Delivered!

In July I ordered and had installed the Glockeklang preamp ($140.00 + $100.00 pro install) which has totally transformed the sound of the bass and opened it up.

I will send the Audere preamp with the bass. You will have 2 preamps to choose from.

PRICE DROP $2200.00 BUYER PAYS S&H

NO Paypal. Personal check, USPS money orders, cashiers check. All will clear before shipping.
    CONUS only.

Trades: 5 Strings only.
    Lakland 55-94
    Roscoe 5
    Sadowsky 5
    Others will be considered.[/B]

There are two issues to mention.

On the tuning posts the gold plating began to flake off in small bits. I made contact with Gard at Roscoe who made contact with Hipshot. Within just a few days I had a new set of tuners at my door. We discussed and I opted for black posts on the tuners instead of gold. IMHO they look much better.

Now just a couple of days ago I noticed that the gold plating on the saddles is beginning to do the same thing. Once again I made contact with Gard who is making contact with Hipshot. I can only expect the same professional and courteous response.

I will post the before and after pics later today.

2. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    Endorsing Artist:MTD Basses
  3. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I really wish I could take this off your hands. I would love to have an ash maple to go with my two spanish cedar bodied SKB, as well as the extra Audere. Good luck with the sale. Sorry to see you have to move such fantastic gear. I use Epi/Roscoe as well.

4. Bump

5. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    That is a beautiful bass! Makes me wish I was able to play a 6.

6. Here the new tuners installed. As I said the new posts are black instead of gold.

7. Here are pics of the gold plated saddles where the plating is flaking off. It is almost un-noticable. One is on the b and the other on the c.

The others appear to be fine. I expect Hipshot to come thru with new saddles as they did with the tuners.

8. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I've got a Sadowsky 5 but no cash. If I did I'd be soooo tempted.

9. Just a question...

When you changed the pre, what then happened to the mini switch hole? Did you just cap it off or did you put a dummy switch in it's place. etc?

10. I left the Audere switch in place. It is now a dummy switch. I wanted to replace it with another but couldnt find one to match the gold hardware.

11. Excuse me, while I pick up my jaw off the floor!

Gorgeous bass!

12. Thanks Owl

It is a beautiful bass...everyone who sees it makes those comments. I will admit that gold is not my pref on hardware but the playability and feel of this bass are what really got me hooked.

13. Thanks guys for all the PM's ...there is alot of interest for this one. Continue to shoot me offers.

Just to clarify I am looking to seel this bass or trade + cash from you. This whole sale is due to a financial glitch at home. When it sells I will be without a bass and I do need one, hence the trade+cash.

Oh yea bump to the top :)

14. PRICE DROP 2200.00

15. Just made contact with Hipshot. They are sending new saddles.
    And a morning bump!

All PM's replied to.

16. new saddles here and installed.

PRICE DROP 2200.00 u pay S&H.

17. lvsjr

lvsjr Guest

Aug 19, 2006
  18. Thanks for the offer..Epis are great. I already have a UL502.

19. Big Red Bass

Big Red Bass

May 15, 2008
    Pittsburgh
    You have a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.