1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT Warwick Thumb BO 4 - 1998

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Warpeg, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    S O L D !

Up for sale is my 100% all-original, German-made, 1998 Warwick Thumb BO 4 bass. It has the coveted wenge neck. This bass is in great shape and has NO issues. A shop would rate the condition as being 9.5 out of 10 or better. The only thing that I could find that makes it less than a 10 is that the MEC logo is slightly worn off of a pickup. The waxing has been kept up with, which makes the wood grain 'pop-out' and look great!

The playability is impeccable; it plays like butter, the strings sit nice and low, there is no fret buzz, and the neck is arrow-straight. It is currently wearing a set of Elixir Nanoweb 45-105 strings.

The electronics are at 100%; the preamp is solid in both active and non-active EQ modes. Tonally, this thing can go from extremely low-end heavy, to funk/slap machine, to soft and tight, to punchy and articulate. It's a great all-around bass and still retains the famous "Warwick growl".

Included with bass:
    - Original Dunlop strap locks
    - Set of Schaller strap locks
    - Original gig bag
    - Original neck adjustment tool
    - Original wax
    - Original full-size manual

Sell price: Now $950

Attached Files:

2. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    More pics

Attached Files:

3. Dundee

Dundee

Sep 9, 2011
    Southeast USA
    Does the bass have a hard shell case? I have an American Deluxe four string that I might be willing to trade.

4. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Gig bag pic

Attached Files:

5555.jpg
      File size:
      109.8 KB
      Views:
  5. dalegreen

dalegreen

Apr 29, 2012
    chilliwack BC
    Hi
    I have a kinal Mkii bass, hand built in Vancouver BC. Well built and balanced, single active bartilloni pickup, excellent condition. Please visit his website, google "kinal guitars"

I can also send you my email and then attach pics as well if you are interested at all, I am located near Vancouver BC as well

thanks

6. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Thanks, but I am only looking to sell now. My original post has been revised to reflect that I no longer looking at trades.

7. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Bump.

8. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    S O L D !