SOLD FS: Ibanez K5 w. EMG TW pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Schizoid75, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    More downsizing to pay off credit cards and prepare for a new custom bass. I got this bass just a month or two ago as part of a trade plus cash deal. Very nice bass, but I'd rather have the cash right now. It's the original Ibanez K5 model with the mahogany body with padauk top and back. Very sleek and slim Soundgear series neck. Narrow string spacing. Really an excellent, very versatile bass--just ignore the K5 inlay and Fieldy's signature on the headstock!

The pickups have been upgraded to EMG TW series. One volume for each pickup and you can pull up on the pot to engage single coil mode for each pickup. There's a volume drop when going single coil, but I know EMG has a mod available to fix that. Bass and treble boost and cut are the other two knobs.

I really can't see anything wrong with the bass, so I'll give it a 9.5 out of 10.

I'd like to get $450 shipped anywhere in the continental US. Heck, the EMG's would be over $200!! Bass comes with really nice Ibanez hardshell case in perfect condition and the original pickups.

Feel free to ask any questions or request more specific pics.

Thanks!

2. nice foot.

3. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I'll pass along the compliment to my wife who took the pictures for me!

4. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Sunday Bump!

5. jgiroux

jgiroux

Jan 5, 2009
    Quebec
    Do you have the original pickups? The original preamp is still in there?
    Will you ship to Canada?
    Thanks

6. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Looks like it. The previous owner had the install done, but I do have a box with the original pickups and what seems to be the entire original circuit.

I will ship to Canada, but would request that you cover any additional charges I incur. Not sure what those are since I've never shipped to Canada before!

7. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    some more pics . . .

8. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Oh come on, we're fine with your painted tootsies. ;)

Nice looking bass at a great price!

9. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    SOLD!!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.