FS:Kern IP-777

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by smokin-bear, Jul 29, 2013.

1. smokin-bear

smokin-bear

Dec 12, 2008
    Ft. Collins
    Sweet preamp for sale, great shape, some extra 12ax7 and 12au7 tubes to play with too. Has wall wart power supply. Sounds killer but i have Monique now and i can' t afford to keep both so here you go! $780.00 shipped Conus. Pics via text msg if interested. Bear

2. smokin-bear

smokin-bear

Dec 12, 2008
    Ft. Collins
    Wednesday bump and now $725 shipped Conus.

3. hemhaw

hemhaw Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I would be very interested to hear how the Kern compares to the Monique

4. Joelc73

Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Don't sell it! Still one of the best pre amps out there. And they sure wont be getting any less rare...

5. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Yep. For my moolah it's the Kern or the Read Purity :bassist: .

6. smokin-bear

smokin-bear

Dec 12, 2008
    Ft. Collins
    I know, I know i shouldn't sell it but i need to get my hands on a demeter power amp soon to replace my macro tech that weighs as much as the svt i sold to get my hands on Monique. As far as comparing the kern and Monique.....Well in my ears i hear alot of the fender dual showman alembic f-2b vibe from the kern but with more booty and sublime build quality. The Monique vibe is like the best b-15/svt ish feel and sound i have ever been privileged to plug into. And it looks so pretty in a dove cage form. Never played thru a Read purity..... Still around bump!!!

7. cubanz

cubanz

Nov 2, 2006
    Wisconsin
    the only thing keeping me from ordering a Monique is my Read Purity. It is so aptly named.
    Phil it up!

8. smokin-bear

smokin-bear

Dec 12, 2008
    Ft. Collins
    On hold pending payment!!!

9. Leo Smith

Leo Smith Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2009
    The check is in the mail.

10. smokin-bear

smokin-bear

Dec 12, 2008
    Ft. Collins
    Going to a good home. Thanks Leo. :hyper:

11. Leo Smith

Oct 21, 2009
    The Kern has arrived! I am also very excited. Thanks again!

12. emohair

emohair

Jul 12, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    Leo Smith you just got yo self an amazing piece of gear. I literally use mine for all my gigs and after all the hauling around it works so good. I makes any bass sound fatter, enjoy that guy!

13. Leo Smith

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks Emohair! I enjoyed it very much for the few moments that it was with me. Unfortunately, someone stole it on Sept 1st, along with some of my other gear that i regularly use. It was a sad morning, indeed.

14. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Very sorry to hear that, Leo. What a bummer. I'll keep you in mind if I sell mine. Send me a pm - that's the best way for me to remember. Take care, DM

15. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    I hope whoever stole it burns to death in a fire.......then drowns in frozen waters.

16. smokin-bear

smokin-bear

Dec 12, 2008
    Ft. Collins
    My wife and I are so sad to see this. Makes me not want to interact with the human race when people steal and hurt one another. :-( I hope karma runs the mother flipper over and the universe teaches them a lesson or two. So sorry you lost your kern. Bear

17. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    because these are so hard to find, it might be easier to locate than, say, an svt-cl or something. seeing as how it probably wasn't a killer-tone-seeking bassist who stole it, it probably got sold somewhere. did you have the serial number? don't give up looking....i had a buddy who's custom bass was stolen and it showed up at a local music store somewhere after a year or so.

18. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    ...and then have warm dog diarrhea thrown onto his face.

19. sears

sears Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2005
    ec, md
    His children, of course, will have to clean his frozen corpse.

20. emohair

emohair

Jul 12, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    I would be DEVASTATED if someone stole my Kern, out of all the pieces of gear this is and would be the hardest to replace...condolences and good luck with finding her again! I'm sure it would stick out at local pawn shops/music shops.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021