1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Mesa Boogie Walkabout Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Limeman, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLD!!! Thread closed!

Hey guys (and gals),

I am thinning down the Mesa gear in my closet and have decided to put one of my beloved Walkabout heads up for sale... :bag:

IMG_1447.

Red face in excellent condition. Complete once-over "health-check" and updates (effects loop on/off toggle and passive/active toggle) performed by Mesa in Petaluma, CA in December 2011. It sounds great and functions perfectly and is ready to keep on rocking.

Excellent cosmetic shape. Near-flawless front and rear with only some very small scratches on the handle side of the amp and a few small marks on the top that have been painted (hard to notice). Speaking of the side handle, I removed it a few years back to facilitate easier in/out in the Mesa gig bag, but will include it so you can re-attach it if you want.

Mesa WA Gig bag included. In very good shape, although the inside shows wear due to the edges of the WA tearing into the foam (a common problem).

Final price drop to $575 shipped CONUSA

Will also consider a trade for an Aguilar Tonehammer 500.

IMG_1449.
    IMG_1451.
    IMG_1453.

This amp sounds amazing! Somebody nab it before I change my mind!!

PM me for questions or if interested.

2. Evening on the West Coast bump...

3. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Is the DI on these mic or signal level?

4. The WA has a variable DI level control on the front. I typically ran it at 12 o'clock and then made any adjustments required by FOH. It is a great sounding DI.

5. Evening bump for an amazing amp!!!

6. Price-drop bump...

7. Late night bump... this is a great amp, guys. No takers???

8. I used to have a Walkabout 7 ago and really liked it but I traded it for a Moon JB5 that a friend of mine had. Lately I've been thinking about getting another Walkabout. You mention that this is a redface. Is there something different about it other that the looks compared to the one I bought 7 years ago?

9. @Gimmeagig... was your WA a black face... meaning the front of the amp was lettered in black on a silver face? If yes, then I do not believe there is much difference, if any, as far as the preamp and power amp are concerned. At some point, Mesa began shipping the WA with a switch to turn the effects loop on/off and also a toggle to choose between passive/active at the input. I had Mesa do both of these updates to this WA in December of 2011, so this amp is completely up-to-date. This is a great sounding example and is in great condition.

Cheers!

10. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Lurking for more price reductions.....

11. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Do you miss your last one already:p?

12. projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    I sold it with the cabs as a rig. Need the amp back.

13. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    I can totally relate:bassist:

14. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Eduardo, I'm running my Walkabout w/ the Bag Ends and it good. Real good.:bassist: Soundmen love the DI

15. Monday afternoon bump + now considering trade for an Aquilar Tone Hammer 500...

16. Tuesday bump...

17. projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Still lurking bump.....

18. Bumpity bump...

19. Final price drop before it goes on sale locally or on Ebay... would really like to move this to a fellow TB'er.

Now $575 shipped, CONUSA.

20. Sold pending payment....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.