1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS Only: Sadowsky NYC Modern 24F5 #4770

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Andy Brown, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    Well, I thought I would never, ever part with this epitome of master bass craftsmanship, but I cannot prolong the inevitable.

I'm putting my beloved Sadowsky NYC Modern up for sale only. This time, its not so much a matter of GAS as a slight change in physiology and perhaps psychology. I started out on a 4-banger way back in the day, quite frankly 5's were just not being built. Fast forward 15 years or so and they became mainstream, not just 5's but 6's too. I've been through them all, and have had many years of joy playing them.

Recently, I've just come to realize that with the music I play, and will most likely be playing until I'm 6-ft under, I just don't have a need for 5 or more strings. I am 100% satisfied by the feel and control I have over 4's these days. A four string is MUCH more comfortable to me.

Since ole #4770 is probably the BEST feeling bass I've ever played, the action on this thing is incredibly low, and the notes are extremely articulate, I placed an order last week for its 4-string replacement (Thanks to Roger for introducing the 4-string 24F!). This bass is special as recognized by being selected one of Sadowsky's Featured Instruments (http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/featured_inst.html).

Anyway to make a short story long, here she is up for grabs. I really don't need to sell her, but she really needs to be played instead of hanging on my wall or sitting in the case.

Specs:
    -----------------------------
    FINISH: Tiger's Eye Burst
    BODY: AAAA Quilted Maple on Swamp Ash
    FINGERBOARD: Birdseye Maple, No Face Dots, Vintage Tint
    PICKGUARD: None
    HARDWARE: Black
    PICKUPS: Nordstrand Big Singles

Currently, she is strung E-C with Sadowsky Nickels (and a D'Addario C string). Comes with the usual Sadowsky case and all case candy.

I take excellent care of my instruments. The front protective plastic was even kept on for a year. There are no major scratches, dents, scrapes, etc to speak of.

I would like to get $3,500 shipped firm. This bass would probably cost between $4,500 to $4,600 new.

Paypal eCheck and Money Orders preferred.

Here are the pics from Sadowsky's site (http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/feat_4770.html). I'll try to take some more tomorrow and post them here.

[​IMG]

2. RockBoxBass

RockBoxBass Supporting Member

***GULP!!!***

3. I've always had a thing for this bass. The top and finish are gorgeous. I'm sorry you no longer play it, but I'm sure your replacement will be smokin', too.

4. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    Damn. Damn damn damn. A week ago and I would have snatched this up in a minute. Now my funds are depleted. Even with the economy like it is this shouldn't last through the night.

5. Kinda' drooling over this one my own self. I would LOVE to hear this instrument. All the best with the sale.

6. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    I'm pretty sure I would be staring at it way more than I would be playing it. I get lost in that quilt maple every time I see that picture.

7. gregwatts2008

gregwatts2008 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Jupiter, Florida
    Email sent

8. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    All PMs and emails replied to.

9. jonno1707

jonno1707 Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Nanuet N.Y.
    WOW I never thought I would see the day...:eek::eek:

Killer bass from a great TBer...Good Luck A...

10. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    This bass is SOLD pending receipt of payment.

11. simongpaez

simongpaez Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2005
    The Woodlands , Texas
    Man!!!!!!!!:crying:

12. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    If the deal falls through Simon, I'll let you know. It aint over until the fat lady has cash in hand.

13. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    And the winner is...?

Man, I would have been all over this one.

JC

14. SevenReasons

SevenReasons

Nov 18, 2005
    Alberta
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall Guitars, Ashdown Amps
    Checks in the mail. And you sound very manly on the phone:smug:

15. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I just noticed this thread now. This bass is so incredible, that after I played it at a GTG, I contact Sadowsky the next day and placed an order for one with the same specs (different finish).

Congrats!

16. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Kevin's right. You're gonna love it, Justin. This bass is SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.