1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS Peavey Cirrus BXP 5 & Traben Chaos Attack 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by a2zbassman, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRICE DROP on Traben $365 shipped!! ----------

<<< Traben Still Available - Scroll Down >>>

I have decided to get rid of my 35” scale 5 stringers. I’ve fallen in love with playing my Brubaker Brute with a 34” scale, so the un-played, dust collectors have got to go.

First, is a Peavey Cirrus BXP 5 Tiger-eye, quilt top with black hardware. This is a neck-thru with 3 band 18v active eq and pups. I think it's 18mm at the bridge. I bought this used off Ebay in early spring of this year.

Cosmetically it’s a 9 - 9.5 out of 10 (just a few superficial scratches that I can find on the body or headstock . . . You have to be within inches to see them . . . Could probably even be buffed out with a little rubbing compound. The back of the neck has a vertical mark at the 5th fret . . . I believe the previous owner used it as a position marker/feeler . . . I sanded it down a little and now it can barely be felt).

The action is low, the sound is sweet, has sustain for days, and it’s got a fresh set of DR Black Beauties on it. It has a stock preamp which the previous owner said was just replaced before he sold it to me. SOLD $370 Shipped.

IMG_0040.

Next, a Traben Chaos Attack 5 in Granite. I just picked this up a couple months ago on trade. It was basically new, the guy just didn’t like the 5th string, so I traded my old four for this.

Cosmetically it’s a 9.5 out of 10. Still has the plastic on battery and control covers. The Chaos series come with a satin or matte finish, in other words, not glossy. Well, I scuffed the surface a little at practice one night and took some rubbing compound to it to clean it up. This resulted in one small glossy spot. . . . So, I took rubbing compound to the entire top side to remedy this. I guess it’s now a unique or one-of-a-kind Chaos. I like it better this way as it turns out (you can now see clearly what was a not fully smooth/prepped surface before painting . . . But you gotta‘ be within inches to see). The bolt-on maple neck, w/ rosewood board is perfect, with nice and low string action. It also has dual truss rods for added stability. Spacing at the bridge is 19mm. This bass also has a fresh set of DR Black Beauties on it.

The Attack series has two split Rockfield MM pups, running to a 5 way selector switch, running through a 3-band Rockfield 18v preamp. It sounds really nice. I was very pleasantly surprised at the multiple usable tones, great B string, and super sustain (the Chaos high-mass internal bridge is to thank for that . . . Anyway, it definitely seems to add bigger tone and sustain IMHO . . . I think it really does make a difference!). Anyway, for under $400 it’s an awesome sounding bass!!! $365 Shipped.

IMG_0048.

I've also got a decent, generic, gig-bag, add $15 . . . And a nearly new Musicians Gear brand hard shell case SOLD, add $40 . . . If you're interested.

Please PM me with any ?'s, offers, etc.

PayPal preferred. Also paypal e-check or USPS MO are acceptable (shipping delayed until after these are safely deposited in my bank account).

Free shipping to CONUS lower 48 only!!!

I'm willing to ship to Canada at an up-charge, we'll hash that out as needed.

More Pics of both of them taken today:

IMG_0002-1.
    IMG_0007-3.
    IMG_0005-1.
    IMG_0006-2.
    IMG_0009-2.
    IMG_0008-1.

2. Helstar

Helstar

Nov 26, 2005
    If you still have the Traben in about a week, I may be interested. I just bought a new Traben Havoc and I love it. I like the looks of your Chaos. Like I said if you still have it in a week I may be interested.

3. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    Other than an inch, how much different are 34" and 35" scales? I play a G&L L-2500 now and it is 34" scale. Your Traben has caught my eye, however I'm concerned you are selling them because of scale length. Is the playability really that much different? Thanks in advance for your clarifying comments!

4. Thanks for the question.

Hard to explain, 1" over the entire fretboard plus doesn't seem like much, and maybe a lot of players don't have a problem with it. I just found myself missing more notes here and there, and having to watch the fretboard with the 35" ers. Maybe it's more in my head than anything. But I'm much more comfortable sticking with my 34's from now on.

I know I've read similar in other postings as a reason to sell . . . Anybody out there with similar experiences that can add to this???

5. Remember, these both have a brand-new, $40+, set of DR Coated strings on them . . . no need to replace them anytime soon!

6. engage757

engage757 Banned

hey man, I am very interested in the traben... need a new fiver, will you accept any trades?

7. Bump for an honest friendly TBer!

8. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    Thanks for the clarification on scale length; now tell me a little more about this rubbing compound... Did you also rub the headstock?

9. I used to own a BXP identical to this one. Wow, one hella good fiver. I also have the USA version, which I kept, but the difference in playability and tone between them was really slim. Without a doubt one of the best bangs for the buck in the world of neck-through fivers.

10. Sorry, not looking for any trades at this time.

11. I used automotive rubbing-compound. It's a very mild abrasive that basically brought the matte finish to a gloss. It's works great for clearing up lite, surface scratches on cars and bass guitars alike! And no, I did not do the headstock. Thought about it but didn't want to risk ruining the Traben emblem/decal.

12. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    That Traben is astounding!
    I wish I could snag it but I wont have a shot until after the 1st of the year.

I had no idea the Granite finish looks so great!

13. Thanks

I think taking it down to a gloss finish helped a lot . . . it looks great under any good lighting . . . on stage, in church, etc.

14. Bump and a little drop in the price

15. Hengishammer

Hengishammer

Nov 14, 2003
    PM SENT

16. The Cirrus is held pending payment. Also the HSC.

17. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Whoa, just realized you're in Fargo too. Anyway, I'm on the lookout for a cheaper 5 with wider spacing and 35" scale just to bring along as a backup to my Roscoe--and your Traben looks like it would fit the bill nicely.

Any chance of checking it out in person?

18. Ryan,

Yeah, sure.

I'll PM you with contact info, maybe we can set something up for this weekend.

Aron

19. The Cirrus and HSC have been sold.

20. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Free bump for a fellow Brubaker Brute club member! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.