1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Roscoe Century Signature V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Freddy-G., Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I bought this bass new at The Atlanta Bass Gallery, near the end of 2008. It's never been gigged and has only seen a handful of band practices. The condition is still MINT. The tone is pure Roscoe: massive, with punchy mids and shimmering highs. The Z Mode switch is great for tone shaping. I usually stay in Mid Z mode, but use High and Low Z Modes for a variety of tones. This ships in the really nice Roscoe hardshell case.

Specs:
    - Spalted Quilt Maple top
    - Spanish Cedar body
    - Wedge neck, Maple with Purpleheart center lamination and Maple & Cherry accent laminations
    - Exhibition Cocobolo fingerboard
    - Audere 3ZB-R preamp with Z Mode Switch
    - Nordstrand Dual Coil pickups
    - String spacing: at nut 1-3/4” at 24th fret 2-55/64”
    - Scale length: 35"
    - Roscoe hardshell case
    - Letter from Keith Roscoe

Here is a brief description of how the controls work:
    Audere 3ZB-R - The knob closest to the neck is the master volume, back and closest to the pickup is the blend control. Directly down from the blend control is the stacked knob for the midrange, the top knob is the high mid cut/boost, the bottom ring is the low mid cut/boost. The stacked knob to the rear is the treble cut/boost (top knob) and bass cut/boost (bottom knob). The three position switch allows you to choose from High Z Mode, Mid Z Mode, and Low Z Mode.

A new Century Signature V with these specs would easily cost you over $4,000. But you can have this practically new one for $2,500 shipped in the CONUS. No trades please.

IMG_1588.

IMG_1596.

IMG_1593.

IMG_1591.

All the pics are here: http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/FreddyG02/Roscoe Century Signature V/

2. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Wow!! That is absolutely stunning:eek:
    Great price too! You are going to make someone very happy. If only.....:bawl:

3. Thanks. But believe me, it looks even better in person. :)

4. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    I wish you would want a trade. i will offer you my Warrior custom shop Signature NT6

5. Sorry. That does sound like a nice bass though.

6. dataBASS5

dataBASS5

Nov 8, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

Whoa! Killer Roscoe here! Are we SURE that's a natural finish on the Spanish Cedar? That's a gorgeous tint if so, but I suspect it's been aided by some reddish stain? Either way, stunning wood combo! Wishing I was a Century guy right now. . . :help:

7. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    THAT'S a beautiful bass

8. dataBASS5

dataBASS5

Nov 8, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Today, 08:35 PM

06-05-2009, 04:56 PM

9. Good catch. The natural finish is on the top, not the back. :) I've had an LG, an SKB, and this Century. All great basses. The Century is my favorite Roscoe body. It's more of an aesthetic choice than anything else.

10. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    That is the bass I being looking for, I know the warrior wouldn't interest you, but how about a 2008 Roscoe SKB 34" w/ Nordstrand & Demeter preamp custom.

11. Blake Bass

Blake Bass Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Montgomery, Texas
    Bump for a really sweet bass. I have one with very similar specs and it kills. I'm sure this one does too!

12. IMG_1655.

13. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Wow!:eek:

Without a doubt, all of my favorite spec's on a Roscoe. I love the sound of the Spanish cedar body and the stableness of the Cocobolo fingerboard.
    There's no doubt in my mind that it plays and sounds as great as it looks!

Bump for an awesome bass and an awesome TB'er.

I sure hate to see you let this one go! :)

14. Thanks Joe! That is some high praise indeed, especially coming from the ordained Roscoe King. :)

15. Some serious offers coming in. :)

16. Sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.