FS/T: Rickenbacker 4001 C64 in Fireglo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by poolshark411, Mar 21, 2011.

1. poolshark411

poolshark411

Mar 21, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Up for sale is my 2003 Rickenbacker 4001c64, nearly mint and finished in radiant Fireglo. It's a gorgeous piece of equipment, and while it really does kill me to sell it, it's just too nice (and pricey) for my regular low-rent bar gigs. Of course, it'll come complete with the original case, materials and other goodies.

Pics:

Rick4001.jpg

Rick4001a.jpg

Rick4001b.jpg

Rick4001c.jpg

As far as the sales pitch, this bass is an authentic recreation of the bass Paul McCartney used with the Beatles; as I'm sure many of you know, the same model can be heard prominently from Revolver on. If you’ve heard any later Beatles record, you know there's simply no replacement for a good 4001 - they all have this very special kind of thump, and this one is no exception.

As far as this particular example, it's a serious machine. It's been professionally set up with medium action and a set of Pyramid flats, and it plays absolutely outstanding as a result. During the set up, I had my luthier remove the horseshoe pickup cover to better facilitate my playing; I'll include the cover in the sale, of course, and I can even have it reinstalled should you so choose.

For trades, I'm actually trying to move down the pay scale a little bit - I'm basically looking for nice, gig-quality basses and nice amps (of similar total value) that I don't need to worry about so much. Of course, cash offers are always good; I'm currently looking for SOLD :), if anybody's interested in buying outright.

Anyway, that's about it for me. Thanks very much for looking, and please don't be shy.

Jason

ps. Sorry to post up here with such a fresh join date. I was directed here from The Gear Page (where I have references, along with eBay and Harmony Central), and it looks like this might be a great place to get some exposure. Of course, I'm happy to provide phone numbers, references, and all that.

2. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Thats a beauty! I'm not a Ric guy but thats a sexy bass!

Dont worry about posting in the classifieds as a newbie. You're obviously paying for your membership so you're fine!

3. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Gorgeous!!!! It must sound pretty amazing thru that Mesa too!

4. tinman 1967

tinman 1967

Mar 6, 2010
    :crying:Your selling my dream bass................... And I aint' got' no dough........ Thanks alot..........

5. Love this one

6. poolshark411

poolshark411

Mar 21, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Thanks for the compliments, fellas. :) Had some great offers so far, but nothing definite yet.

7. MaccaMan1964

MaccaMan1964 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    What is sales price? I dont see a price? I have a 2009 USA Fender Jazz, new model, black with Maple neck and a Mike Lull P/J white pearl with maple neck. Any interest? thanks!!

8. He clearly wrote that he's asking $2500 + shipping..

9. poolshark411

poolshark411

Mar 21, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Had some great offers so far, and while I'm still considering trades, cash is always good. :) $2500 or best offer?

10. poolshark411

poolshark411

Mar 21, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Movin' on up. :)

11. poolshark411

poolshark411

Mar 21, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Up top with a price drop. Let's get this thing gone, fellas. :)

12. poolshark411

poolshark411

Mar 21, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Up again. $2300 cash, fellas. Trade value still around $2500.

13. hermzy

hermzy Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Plymouth, WI
    I would be interested in a trade and cash proposal. I have a lightly used Line 6 175W combo amp with effects pedal, as well as several other bass guitars that I could package with cash for the Rick. If interested, contact me. My e mail is [email protected].

14. hermzy

hermzy Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Plymouth, WI
    Thanks for working the deal. I can't wait to see the Ric!:bassist:

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021