1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FSO:Warwick Streamer 5 LX/SE Vavona Burl !!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RockFistMusic, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockFistMusic

RockFistMusic

Apr 25, 2008
    JAX FL
    I just got this bass not 10 days ago, and love it. Fortunately or unfortunately I am clearing out some non Spector basses, I have 2 Spec's but gained a lot of others and I need to stick with my brand. I even sold my MTD 535 now THAT wasn't easy.

SO - without further adieu here comes a DEAD MINT Warwick Streamer LX 5-string Special Edition #23 of 40 made. featuring a thick slab of highly AND EVENLY figured Vavona Burl (Redwood)

Here is Ed Friedland playing the 4 string version > http://youtu.be/SLZH2NWa9tY

Here are EXCERPTS , an article from Guitar World:

Originally published in Guitar World, October 2010

When players think of Warwick basses, heavy-duty rock and roll immediately comes to mind. It’s easy to see why: Warwick’s artist stable includes bass icons like Jack Bruce, Adam Clayton and Robert Trujillo as well as Mudvayne’s Ryan Martinie and Napalm Death’s Shane Embury. But while the tightly focused edge of the Warwick tone lends itself to aggressive musical settings, it also satisfies players as diverse as funk master Bootsy Collins and jazz-fusion virtuoso Jonas Hellborg. Warwick has managed to create a sonic signature that is both recognizable and versatile, crossing stylistic boundaries with ease. Plus, the company’s basses are built solid and look sweet.

Every year, Warwick comes out with a special-edition instrument that represents the pinnacle of its product line. For this year, it’s the Streamer LX SE USA Redwood bass, a prized beauty that features top-shelf engineering and a combination of unique woods.

FEATURES

While the Streamer is available in several variations, the LX version, which came out in 1996, features the versatile P/J pickup configuration. The LX SE USA has a swamp ash body with a beautiful Vavona burl redwood top—though the one-inch thickness of the redwood actually constitutes half of the instrument. The relatively soft redwood blends nicely with the swamp ash’s solid lows and crisp highs, filling in the midrange for a well-balanced tone. A thin black veneer of Ekanga separates the two woods, highlighting the contrast between the red and white, and the whole package weighs in at a very manageable 8 1/2 pounds.

An Ovangkol neck is a frequent sight on a Warwick bass. The attractive African wood provides the stability and snap of hard maple with a more pronounced midrange. The relatively flat, 20-inch-radius tiger-stripe ebony fingerboard has 24 jumbo brass frets as well as Warwick’s own adjustable nut, the Just-A-Nut III. I was able to play up to the 21st fret unhindered, but the lower cutaway prevented clear access to the top three frets. Other familiar Warwick appointments are the two-piece bridge, easy-access truss-rod cover, angled tuners, a well-padded gig bag, and a lavish toolkit.

A two-band bass/treble preamp offers boost and cut and seems well suited to the LX’s natural midrange presence. Pop the master volume’s push/pull pot and the electronics become passive. It’s a life-saving feature should your batteries fail you, but the bass sounds great this way as well. The split-coil J pickup avoids the dreaded 60-cycle single-coil hum that plagues many P/J instruments. A 34-inch-scale five-string version is also available with a J/J pickup set. -

SPECS:

Construction: Bolt-on

Machineheads: Warwick Standard

Nuts: Just A Nut III

Scale length: 34"

Frets: 24 jumbo / fretless

Fingerboard Wood: Tigerstripe Ebony

Neck Wood: Ovangkol

Fingerboard Radius: 26"

Body wood: US Swamp Ash body with 1" Redwood top

Finish: Natural Oil Finish

Pickups: Bartolini J/J

Electronics: Bartolini 2-way

Control Knobs: Standard

Bridge system: Warwick 2-pieces bridge

Strap Locks: Warwick security locks

Hardware color: Black

Weight:

Special features:
    rstripe Ebony fingerboard
    Swamp Ash body
    1" Redwood top
    Ekanga veneer between top and back
    Bartolini pickups
    Bartolini 2-way electronics
    Black hardware

offered here with WARWICK PADDED ROCK BAG/ BOOK / WAX / TOOLS / HANG TAGS

So- original list price = $5,000 street price was $3,500

HERE IT IS FOR HALF
    $1,750 SHIPPED, INSURED, IN MINT WARWICK ROCK BAG 48 CONUS

Attached Files:

2. RockFistMusic

RockFistMusic

Apr 25, 2008
    JAX FL
    TTT

3. RockFistMusic

RockFistMusic

Apr 25, 2008
    JAX FL
    BUMP

4. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Really sweet bass. The top is spectacular.

5. RockFistMusic

RockFistMusic

Apr 25, 2008
    JAX FL
    Thanks Scuba I know you can appreciate it :smug:

SOLD DOWN UNDER ...pending payment
    :bag:

6. RockFistMusic

RockFistMusic

Apr 25, 2008
    JAX FL
    Paid & gone !