1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FT 1976 Fender Precision Bass (4 bolt)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by muljoe, Aug 5, 2012.

1. muljoe

muljoe

Mar 8, 2011
    Boston
    Hello Friends,

I'm just seeing if there is any interest to trade for this. This was my first bass, and I've been through a lot with it but after years of playing and getting another main bass this little guy just sits in the case. I am out of the country till the 16th but when I get back I can take gut shots and a neck shot and weigh the bass. When I bought it awhile ago the seller told me it was all original minus the bad ass bridge. No reason to question it but since I was such a noob when I bought it I never checked to see.

I'll get the weight posted when I get home and can weight it. It's pretty heavy though as typical for these years. Plays great, sounds great just not much of a P bass guy. I might get another P bass down the road to have that sound in my arsenal but it will probably be a MIM/MIJ or Squire. No use in having a 70's P if I don't care for P's that much. Sad but true any time someone needs to borrow a bass this is the one I lend, so I think it's time to find someone to love on her.

I'll answer questions the best I can but can get more details in 2 weeks when I get home. As for trades, I'm open to a lot of things...basses and heads right now I'm in kinda an active 5 mood....am thinking warrior with barts. Could do a moog prodigy. Want an upright really bad but you'll probably have to be in Colorado for us to work that out. I can add a lot of cash to the deal or will accept cash o your end.

Shoot me any offers or questions and I'll get back with you. Thanks! :bassist:

(sorry about the PDFs, my computer is being weird with the attachments)

Attached Files:

2. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Pm sent

3. Don't sell your first bass. You'll regret it.

4. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    +1

5. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    keep it! YOU"LL BE SORRY!!!!!

6. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Bump for an awesome bass!

Sorry about the post, I missed the trade-only part. Let me know if you change your mind.

7. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2010
    CO
    not if its for trade...

8. muljoe

muljoe

Mar 8, 2011
    Boston
    I must admit that I've had it for sale/trade several times before and every time I've pulled it because it's my first bass. I just hate to see it sitting there, and although I have some great memories with it, it's just some wood, metal, and magnets. I'm hoping someone else will give it some serious love!

Oh and PM's responded! Thanks for all the great offers so far.

9. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Bump. btw, there were never any three bolt Precisions (that was a Jazz bass thing).

10. muljoe

muljoe

Mar 8, 2011
    Boston
    So it would seem! Thanks for the info.

All PMs responded, great offers so far thanks all!

11. NikoGalaura

NikoGalaura

Aug 30, 2010
    PM sent!

12. muljoe

muljoe

Mar 8, 2011
    Boston
    Back at ya

13. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Don't sell it. If you feel bad about it sitting in a case, hang it on the wall, that's a work of art.

14. muljoe

muljoe

Mar 8, 2011
    Boston
    bump it up!

15. usualsuspect

usualsuspect

Jun 23, 2011
    Interested in a possible trade for a Mint 1989 Fretless MusicMan Stingray?

16. muljoe

muljoe

Mar 8, 2011
    Boston
    Get up there!

17. muljoe

muljoe

Mar 8, 2011
    Boston
    Well I have re fallen in love with her, she's officially off the chopping block. (for now of course!) Thanks for all the kind and generous offers