1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT feeler, Fender Jaguar w/upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by PatO, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    I'm unsure as to whether or not I want to unload this bass. It is my second Jaguar. I love my black jag so much I had to get the white one.. so I got it to test out a few modifications that I was considering for my goto bass, the black jag.

the mods are:
    *replaced all the tuning machines with Hipshot HB2 tuners w/ BT2 tuner for drop D
    *Hipshot Fender mount "A" style bridge (Chrome / Brass)
    *set of Bartolini 9CBJD-1 p/ups

It came to me with a black pickguard, but I've replaced that with a tort one. I still have the black guard as well as all the original parts - but I might have plans for the stock p'ups...

The bad news about this bass (right now) is that there is a little glitch in the input. I'm working on getting the crackle out of there, but its probably going to need a new input in the near future.

I'm toying with the idea of letting it go because it just doesn't have the same sound as my black Jaguar. It never did, not even with the stock p'ups :bawl:. I'm not sure what it is about this one, but the sound is too clean. Very much like my Cirrus basses, especially with the Barts. I like my black jag because it has a dirty growl as well as the big sub-lows depending on how I turn the tone. This white one.... not so much of a difference in the active/passive or even in the bass/treble roll bars.

its pictured here with the black guard. I'll take more shots later this week.

UPDATEI've decided not to continue toying around with this bass and just sell it to feed the GAS. I'm willing to sell it a few ways:
    jag w/ gator case and the aggie ODB preamp (not yet installed) for $900. Jag with case without the aggie preamp for $800, Jag without the case for $750. Shipping is negotiable, lets make a deal.

Attached Files:

2. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    more pics....

Attached Files:

3. DubBassfunk

DubBassfunk

Apr 19, 2009
    Los Angeles
    interested in a trade for 08 mim fender deluxe active jazz bass black with tort.

4. Trade for a black jag?? LOL jk

5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Not interested, but if you trade or sell it someone who wants the tort and not the black guard, I'll take the black guard off yer hands. :)

PS. My Jag is the only Fender I ever owned that I liked and kept.

6. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    What kinda basses you looking for?

7. ^ what he said , i have a decent P bass and a jack casady signature

8. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Hey A-Step, if you ever wanna get rid of your Jack Casady, let me know. I've been looking for a new one for awhile now.

9. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    I totally agree. On that note, not really interested in fender basses or most maple fretboards. I'm open to some 5 string basses, but I stick mostly to 4 stringers.

I'd love to trade up if possible and I'm willing to throw a bit of cash with this jag if the right deal came along.

10. purpletornado

purpletornado

Aug 5, 2009
    1999 Ibanez BTB 1005 w/HSC?

BTB1005_1.

11. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    HOW ABOUT A WARWICK FNA 1999 WITH THE SEYMOUR PRE AMP AND THE MM P/U IN TRANS BLACK E MAIL ME AT CHF3354@OPTONLINE.NET FOR PICS

12. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    thanks but no thanks on the ibanez. I played one of those a while back and didn't think the body size/shape was right for me. It sounded nice and had killer action, but wasn't a comfortable hang on my body.

I've got sudden GAS for a Modulus VJ 4 string, I'll add some cash to the deal.. who's got one?

13. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    closing the thread. I'm putting the jag back to stock p'ups and keeping it for awhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.