1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Full Circle wiring problems?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by fovea1959, Aug 17, 2012.

1. fovea1959

fovea1959

Feb 10, 2009
    SW Michigan
    was just corresponding with a midwest luthier, he related that he has stopped stocking Full Circle pickups because of problems he's had with the wirings shorting out.

Anyone else seen the problem?

2. Mine has just started surprising me on gigs when I plug it in and nothing happens...have to fiddle with the wires on the jack to get it to work. 1.5 years old...calling Fishman!

3. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    I've owned several and currently rely on one. When one went bad - Fishman was awesome and shipped me a replacement ASAP.
    My advice is to loosen your strings before making routine adjustments as to not short out the pickup. good luck.

4. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    There's a thread here about the failure I had after a number of years. And again Fishman was very helpful. It's my impression that failures after a number of years may occur--but the sound is so good that, if you amortize the cost of the transducer over those years, it's excellent sound-per-dollar on balance.

5. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Fishman should fix the problem. Most players, pro or weekend warriors do not want to have gear go down on a gig.

There's lots of good gear out there these days. No need to sacrifice quality for sound.

6. hairscrambled

hairscrambled Commercial User

Feb 1, 2006
    Albuquerque, NM
    Store owner, Grandma's Music & Sound
    Great sound but I've had a few fail. I keep a Realist or a Underwood mounted as a backup.

7. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    KC Strings
    The wire can short where it exits the adjuster, although I never had that problem using one for a few years. I did replace the plug. Although it looked fine the wire developed a short at the plug. The jack was fine.

8. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    @hairscrambled - that's a wise precaution. I have a Revolution Solo buried in my gig bag somewhere as a backup. Might be a good idea to have that thing mounted in and ready to go just in case. In addition, I should actually use it on a coupla casuals - just to make sure I can get a good working tone.