Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fun with EGGS

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Jan 25, 2004.

1. hey guys, i had to do a physics project over the weekend and this is what i came up with. we had to make a structure out of certain materials that can hold an egg and be dropped from different heights without breaking the egg (you get full credit if it passes 1 meter) heres the materials we were allowed to use:

15 popsicle sticks
    15 straws
    5 rubber bands
    100 cm of tape
    100 cm of string

heres what i came up with:

EDIT: im showing all the images here instead of editing the other 3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    It looks like an anti vibration mic holder. Cool. Let us know how it goes.

3. well, i just tested it from 2 meters and it went fine, and that was onto a hard floor, tommorow we are going to be dropping them onto the grass... ;)

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Physics Project? :meh:

I remember doing this as a "fun exercise" on an "awayday" as part of the course I did to get the professional qualification of "The Institute of Personnel and Development".

It ended up being quite funny as we tested our teams' efforts, by dropping them off the hotel roof where we were staying! But it was a very windy day and most of them got blown up into the air - never to be seen again!!

I think we declared that a draw!! :D

5. I weep for all the chickens that might have been. :bawl:

:rolleyes:

BTW, that was just a yolk. :p

Mike :D

6. Damn...thats so cool dude.Do they have it in a 5-string version?:p

7. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I remember one of the other science classes doing this in 7th grade. But they could use whatever they wanted I believe. I think someone put their egg in a tupperware container filled with jello :)