1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Furman rackmount, what is it?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by utopianblaster, Apr 14, 2009.

  1. utopianblaster


    Apr 9, 2009
    I´d like to know exactly what is the furman rackmount that I have seen in many of your racks?

    I think it´s a thing to protect your amps and effects of the ups and downs of tension that could produce that the full rack brokedown.

    But I´m not sure.

    I´m spanish and I don´t understand what can do this for me.

    Thank you
  2. EricF

    EricF Habitual User

    Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    The Furman units (at least the low end ones) are a power strip in a fancy box. They will protect you from power surges (ups) only. If you want constant, level power, you need a voltage regulator. Those will cost you a LOT more money.
  3. utopianblaster


    Apr 9, 2009
    Thank you very much

Share This Page