Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Futurama's coming back!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Jan 27, 2006.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Wooooooohooooooo!

I'm more excited about this than I was when I found out Family Guy was coming back.

Futurama will be coming back in four straight-to-DVD movies.

This is taken straight from the man himself, Billy West, who does the voice of Fry, the Prof. Farnsworth, Dr. Zoidberg, and many others. It's a recent post on his message board:

I just crapped myself a little. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

2. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Best show ever. I've been hearing movie rumours for ages, but nothing as concrete as this. Now that I've got myself one of those job things I really need to buy all the seasons on DVD (I have them nicely stolen from the internet, but the quality just isn't there). The only problem is I've seen them so many times I don't actually need to watch them anymore. I can just sit and chuckle to myself while Fry and Bender slack off in my head.

-Nate

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Oh man, you've GOT to get the DVD's. Every episode has commentary, and it's consistently awesome. David X. Cohen (the producer) is a lot of fun to listen to, as is Matt Groening. Billy West and some of the other voice actors are often on, too.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    excellent:bassist:

5. Seigi

Seigi

Jul 3, 2005
    Freaking. Sweet.

6. sex. :eek: :hyper:

7. Awsome I may have to add this to my collection of futuroma dvd's,

as fri would say "walking on sunshine" heh

8. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    That's fantastic news.

9. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Way to twist my rubber arm, jerk. Now Amazon.ca is shipping the complete series to my door.

I picked up Made In Canada season 1, too. That Leah Pinsent is like an even hotter Nicole Kidman.

So thanks, SuperDuck, for making me buy a total of 5 seasons of two of my favourite shows. I don't think I can ever forgive you.

-Nate

10. Movies!? Should be interesting (f**kin awesome).

But was I the only one that was dissappointed with the Family Guy movie?

11. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    We aims to please!

12. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I think the FG movie started out really strong, but the second two-thirds ended pretty poorly. I don't think that the random, fast-moving style translates well to a long period of time. Family Guy seems to be more of a story set up with the purpose of cramming in as many gags as possible around it.

Futurama, is the opposite, I think. It's a solid storyline in every episode with hilarious gags that compliment it. I think that in terms of plots and stories, Futurama blew away Family Guy and the Simpsons.

13. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    i heard about this a little while ago, and its so awesome. i really hope it doesnt flop.

in addition, there are rumors that they will be starting a new season as well, although no confirmation.

i hope it doesnt suck the second time around, like the new family guy (oh god, dont get me started).

14. Amazing. Maybe if the dvds do well like family guy the series will come back too.... that would be awesome!! I love that show!

15. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    That makes me happy...as my tag line, avatar, and sig all plainly display.

16. That's awesome.

It's easily as good as The Simpsons or Family Guy, if not better.

17. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Good news.

Fox always cancels good shows. What's up with that?:eyebrow:

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    YES! I LOVE YOU!!!!

19. kserg