SOLD G.Gould GGi4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Thank You Leo, Jul 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Thank You Leo

Thank You Leo Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Price:
    $1600
    Strings:
    Another of my four string basses that I’m letting go due to my relocation/downsizing. I got this bass earlier this year and it’s simply killer. If you are reading this you probably know that Geoff Gould was one of the founders of Modulus and the handful of basses he builds every year are fantastic instruments.

This bass was built in 2016 and could pass for new. It has a quilted maple top over a lightweight alder body, finished in a high-gloss caramel burst finish. Graphite neck with rosewood fingerboard, 24 frets, pearl dots. 34” scale. Neck is a hair under 1 5/8" at the nut and has a slim profile, probably best described as a flattened oval. EMG X pickups through a proprietary G.Gould EQ system with active Bass and Treble controls. Nice weight at just under 8 pounds.

$1600 shipped CONUS. PayPal is preferred, but I can make other arrangements if necessary.

As far as any potential trades go, I have room for a 5 string and would be interested in the following plus $$$ from me as appropriate:

G.Gould GGi5
    Modulus Quantum 5
    FBass VF5 or BN5
    MTD 535
    Sadowsky 5 string

Any trades would need to be on the lighter side - around 9 lbs or less.

Please PM with any offers.

xWP1H1SXSbiOnR1%b2MUMA.jpg ot7GDhAlSceIFB5uUcBUvg.jpg caxYYrPgRpG3ZYkRZhrr5g.jpg T8PJ051IRTmNor2PR4G1ug.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Matt R, mikezimmerman, 123321 and 9 others like this.
  2. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    I had a question about the weight. Corner Music in Nashville, where I bought this bass, had it listed on its website as 8.6 lbs. Not sure why it says that. I have a very accurate luggage scale which shows it around 7.9. I weighed it two different ways with my shipping scale and got basically the same (7.88). See below ... %mLNF7keTiK3uCSYFVCIqA.jpg hoJeSpxDRLm5vAxVCHz9fw.jpg jhoGnOydQA6YAiuD5WkVFg.jpg

BrentSimons and bobunit like this.
  3. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Oh and here's what the case looks like ...

dDcaQJlBQIajMmayNqkqEw.jpg L8z9+NqjRdOuaLKbk%4zPA.jpg

catcauphonic and BrentSimons like this.
  4. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Another of the front, full length.

pqhg1u2CTI6ef7vruA5vZw.jpg

5. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    That's one of the sweetest basses for sale right now!

Squinty Jones and Blues Infidel like this.
  6. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    It is definitely a beautiful bass. @GeoffGould builds phenomenal instruments. Not happy about letting it go, but we all know how that goes.

It sounds great too. The neck pickup is a 'P' config and really barks when soloed. Bridge pickup is very punchy. Gets a nice slap tone with both. The neck has a satin finish and is very fast, and the rosewood fingerboard feels really nice. No dead spots of course.

BrentSimons, Fred312b and FunkHead like this.
  7. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Updated with more neck dimensions.

8. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Glamour shots from the store where I bought it.

fullsizeoutput_eb7.jpeg sbrpblmtmfmpaga0havm.jpg fjl58n0uz1x11unh0xcl.jpg yu4c6y5atnuyfn3aa1zl.jpg yjocn111crcsaeckewyn.jpg ppxn5jcjpuxtvdjnlsi4.jpg trx8l1t0txn3469zui1g.jpg zh4vgj8i6lxyvzxumyjz.jpg dt1runzxfghjff0avmzj.jpg sexqu0u0ljfkwuc9atrr.jpg djdmdasbnxylgwhexycn.jpg dwzycxbn7csjnmccvcsl.jpg fqh1nlhcsq4oe9ljni9v.jpg lr3kvavwft40zs7azbsd.jpg

bobunit and BrentSimons like this.
  9. beautiful bass - do you have any room on the price? feel free to pm me

10. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I just noticed that the SN on this bass is 1210. The SN of my ggi6 is 1211.

Busby, Blues Infidel and Fred312b like this.
  11. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Separated at birth ... perhaps you should reunite them. ;)

12. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I did consider it. The only problem with that plan is that I play 5's and 6's and already have a ggi5 and a ggi6.

Someone will be getting a fantastic bass at a great price. Geoff builds wonderful instruments.

13. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Totally agree - his stuff is top shelf though somewhat under the radar.

One of the interesting things about this bass is that the neck pickup is actually a 'P' config in a soapbar shell, which sounds terrific soloed - like a really good P-bass.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  14. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    That is one gorgeous looking and sounding bass, I just wish that I wasn't on the poor side of CT. Good luck with it sir!

15. RamblerKW

RamblerKW

Sep 13, 2014
    Not a Moddy but close enough, GLWTS!

Stugilliam likes this.
  16. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    I've owned a few Quantums over the years and liked them all very much. IME the quality of the Goulds is as good as any Modulus I've owned. In other words - excellent. Something that I personally like about Geoff's basses is the neck. The profile is thinner and faster. I also like the satin finish on the back and he often uses wood fingerboards. You could almost forget its a graphite neck if it weren't for the clarity, stability, and consistency of tone. His basses also tend to be lighter in weight.

17. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Updated trade options.

18. What is the string spacing at the bridge?

19. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    According to my calipers - 19mm.

20. Ron Earp

Ron Earp

Aug 24, 2018
    That's a beautiful bass. Been considering it or the Spector that is somewhat similar for sale on the site. As an intermediate player either are above my skill level, but, sometimes it's a reward to have nice things. How would you compare it to a NS-2 bolt on?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021