1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Trade G&L JB Empress

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassjam, Dec 6, 2018.

1. bassjam

bassjam Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses, G&L Basses, Genzler Amplification
    Price:
    Strings:
    Interested in trading my JB-4 for a P Bass. This is a fantastic Jazz bass- pretty much mint condition, can’t find anything that would photograph. Empress body, Rosewood board. Super light weight and plays great.

I’m on a Precision Bass kick and have added a couple to my stable lately- would really like to find an ash/ maple P or possibly a 5 String P. But considering anything Precision.

Attached Files:

woodyng2 likes this.
  2. JZQuantum

JZQuantum Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Great looking bass. :thumbsup:

3. bassjam

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw

Thanks man- Love the G&L stuff. Picked up a used G&L a couple years ago and have been a fan ever since

4. JZQuantum

JZQuantum Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I've been eyeing G&L. Do you think the kiloton is too similar to stingray? Are they pretty much interchangeable or are they really different?

bassjam likes this.
  5. bassjam

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Disclaimer- I’ve not played a Kiloton yet. But it’s high on my list to do so. No, I don’t think they are too similar. I love Singrays and have owned a few. In the clips I’ve heard- The Kiloton is way more versatile and warmer sounding. I THINK you should be able to get close to a Stingray tone out of the Kiloton- but the Stingray wouldn’t do all that the Kiloton does! Maybe someone that has players a Kiloton can chime in- but that’s been my take on it. I’d like to pick up a Kiloton one of these days!