1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD G&L MFD P Pickup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Jones64, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Jones64

Jones64 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Price:
    $49
    IMG_2718 2.JPG IMG_2718.JPG IMG_2719.JPG This came out of a 2000's USA G&L SB 1. Shipped CONUS.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    bullitproof and waynobass like this.
  2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Is it fair to assume it'll fit into something of a Fender-ish persuasion?

3. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Yes. It was a direct drop into my Fender Highway One P.

4. Malak the Mad

Cool! And what's up with all the extra outgoing wires? (Sorry, but electronics aren't my strong suit. :oops:)

5. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Here is a wiring diagram. Hopes this helps.

I am sure an experience tech could install it in about 20 minutes.

Attached Files:

6. Malak the Mad

Hmmm…I'm sure you're right, but what I have in mind for this is a bit more simple. I have a Santellan Sounds/Elek-Trix solderless wiring harness installed on a P/J Jazz. Each pickup drops a hot and ground wire into the terminals.

image-jpeg.

Ultimately, I'd probably just have to put two of the wires together or leave something unplugged. If memory serves correct, I had to do the same thing with the bridge pickup, a Fender Super 55 split-coil Jazz pup with an extra wire as well.

7. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    That sounds like a really cool set up. I had Super 55's in an old 70 Jazz RI and they were powerful and very clean with a sparkly bite. The MFD in much deeper in tone than the 55's and the mix could be awesome and I also never heard of anyone doing before, so it may not work.

8. Malak the Mad

That's saying something since I've always perceived the Super 55's as bringing a bit more bottom-end than most other single-coil Jazz pups. It could potentially be even more awesome 'cuz the wiring harness' bridge pup control is a push-pull that switches between serial and parallel modes.

I'm sending you a PM. I figure I'll give it a shot. And if I can't make it work, or the pups aren't a good match (this happened to me before over a Quarter Pounder and the Super 55), then I'll simply re-list it. No harm…no foul. :)