1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G&L Warranty Experience

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by DLMartin, Nov 6, 2018.

1. DLMartin

DLMartin

Jul 6, 2012
    Boise, ID
    The truss rod nut in my G&L L-2500 got stripped, so since I bought the bass from Musician's Friend last December, I contacted G&L directly to see about getting a new adjustment nut. Unfortunately, while I was waiting for a reply, I did some digging around and discovered that the adjustment nut can't be replaced, because it's welded to the truss rod. I also read some bad things about G&L's warranty service taking a really long time, communication being spotty at best, and people having to stay on top of them to get it done. These were posts back from around 2009, up through 2013 I think.

As for my experience, I received a message back from them the next day asking for my proof of purchase, and informing me that since the nut isn't replaceable, I'd have to send it in for a warranty service. I wrote back with the proof of purchase, and asked if they just wanted me to send the neck, or the whole bass. They said to send the whole bass so they could fit a new neck to it if need be. Again, the responses were fast and professional.

So I box up the bass in the original box and ship it off to them. A few days after it got there, I got another mail from them saying that they tried to replace the neck, but the one they tried wasn't fitting in the neck pocket properly. They asked if I wanted them to keep trying with another neck so I could have the original body back, or if I wanted them to just ship me an entirely new bass with the same configuration, but a honeyburst finish instead of the one I had. I chose that option, and my replacement bass will be here tomorrow.

My experience with G&L has been nothing but perfect, and I have nothing but good things to say about them. They cared enough to not just throw any old neck replacement in the old bass, and wanted to make sure I was satisfied with the result. I just thought it was important to relate this, because so often the only things you read about are people's bad experiences. I can't speak to those, but I can tell you that I was highly impressed with this whole thing and the way it was handled.

baTassi, Joshua and NG51 like this.
  2. NG51

NG51 Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Oakland,CA
    I've had the exact same experience. I have an MJ-4, which developed a neck problem about 2 years after I purchased it. I shipped the bass to them, and they replaced the entire neck. Absolutely impeccable service.

DLMartin likes this.
  3. Never an actual warrantee thing, but I called them for a C.O.A. for my limited edition ASAT & recently called them about some parts for my L-2000.
    Great service in both cases. They sent me two parts for my L-2000 F.O.C. & quickly!

DLMartin likes this.