1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L warranty question

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Hugh Jass, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    So I have been waiting to hear from G&L regarding my bum pre-amp and have been hearing about sloooooow turnaround on warranty repairs. As such I have had a thought: Instead of losing my bass for months I could just put in an aguilar pre. I seem to remember someone here doing it and saying it was awesome.

I can appreciate that this would surely void any warranty relating to the electronics but would I still be covered on everything else?

I will E-mail G&L but figured I would get a quicker answer here. :D

2. Raising hand...

Good stuff, but not a particularly easy mod. If you can read wiring diagrams and make wiring decisions based on several of them, and you're handy with a soldering iron, you should be okay. Otherwise, have a good tech do it for you.

Yes, generally. They seem to take things on a case-by-case basis, but the physical bass should still be covered. Usually.

Ken...

3. Jimtoonz

Jimtoonz Gold Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    What's the issue with the preamp? There is really only one active component on the board, and the chip can be replaced easily for less than $1. If you need details, send me a PM.

4. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    peeee-emmd