1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Gallien Krueger 800 RB - the classic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by El Tookay, Mar 30, 2018.

1. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Price:
    67B42B80-B236-43FF-83DE-F9C8932654BA.jpeg F51C9974-4CB9-4E3A-96FF-F85AD10554E3.jpeg 34C757A3-F68B-4E98-9CEA-E6E5D5A885B1.jpeg You know it, you love it, the classic 800 RB. Nothing to say that hadn’t been said about the legendary quality, tone, and durability of these amps. They are a backline staple, and have been for 30 years because they DO sound that damn good. This was my rehearsal studio amp for the last 2 years, never acted up or failed to deliver great tone. Best as I can tell, this is a later 90’s model, only issues are two missing knob caps, and a few faint scratches. I have a Fusion 800 for gigging around town, or supplied backline, so this one has been waiting for something to do. Here’s your gig amp for the next 25 years!

$450 USD shipped Canada / US 48.

Ductapeman, Mvilmany and Lesgo like this.
  2. Mvilmany

Mvilmany

Mar 13, 2013
    Upstate NY
    Almost every single gig I’ve done over the last 20 years has been through my 800RB.

3. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Classic amp.
    This won't last.

El Tookay likes this.
  4. Mvilmany

Mvilmany

Mar 13, 2013
    Upstate NY
    There’s something about these 800RB’s and 400RB’s from the 80’s & 90’s that I haven’t been able to get out of the newer GK amps, including the 700/1001/2001 amps. From what I’ve read, I’ve come to believe that this distinction is from the power amp design. It’s got a big, beefy transformer. You could club a frost-giant to death with that transformer.

Standalone, Batsquatch and Afc70 like this.
  5. ladybug

ladybug Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2007
    USA
    Pm sent

6. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    PMs replied...

7. onamission

onamission Supporting Member

And if you write or email GK they'll send you knobs for free! How awesome is that.....

8. Mvilmany

Mvilmany

Mar 13, 2013
    Upstate NY
    Wait... you mean that I’ve been staring at a capless knob on my trusty 800RB for the last 20 years for nothing????????

:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

ckuhn likes this.
  9. onamission

onamission Supporting Member

I was surprised too. I emailed to see if i could buy them and they sent them to me for free. What a excellent outfit!

10. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    +1.
    I just sold mine, since my 400rb covers my wattage needs now — but these amps are definitely in the running for the greatest solid state amps ever.

Mvilmany likes this.
  11. Mvilmany

Mvilmany

Mar 13, 2013
    Upstate NY
    I wrote to GK right after reading this. They sent me a couple of free knob caps. Received them in 4 days. Thanks, GK!

onamission and El Tookay like this.
  12. LoTone

LoTone Clean as an Entwistle... Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Quebec, Canada
    PM sent.

13. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Pm replied...

14. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Still available...

15. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    SOLD to a fellow good Canadian kid...

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021