Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gary Willis News?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by WillCO, May 31, 2005.

1. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    All,

Does anyone know what Gary Willis has been up to for the last couple of years? I think the most recent recording I have of his is "Bent."

2. The only scrap of info I heard about him is that he's started making some recordings with Scott Kinsey - keyboard maestro from Tribal Tech - and that's about it on the recording side - he's been doing a ton of clinics and I think he still teaches privately and online - I saw him last year at a clinic and he was playing just brilliantly - don't worry, I know he's taking his time but he's not about to quit - patience dude.

M

3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ever since he moved to spain hes been pretty low key. i asked kinsey a couple of months ago at a gig what was up with tribal tech and he said they were planning on recording this year, but who knows.

i picked up a couple recording with him on it that are pretty good. one is called timeline and the other is with gerald gradwohl called apq. pretty good stuff if youre a willis fan.