GBE600 & 2x12 Avatar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by captaind, Aug 29, 2005.

1. captaind

Apr 9, 2005
    I check in to this forum most every day but seldom do i post. I'm posting now to give the Genz Benz 600 and Avatar 2x12 cab some love.

I play in a Praise and Worship group and we performed an outside gig last night. Normally, we play at moderate sound levels but last night we pushed it up a notch. Although we had PA support, i was unsure how this rig would respond to higher volume and an outdoor environment. Well, this set up put a big smile on my face.

This rig rocked!!!! Cut through like there was no tomorrow!!!

I cut the bass and added mids with moderate highs. The sound it was making was amazing! The amp never clipped and wasn't even warm after running it plenty hard.

I would never put down another amp and cab choice but i definately would recommend Genz Benz and Avatar! Neither can be beat for reliability, construction and sound capability!!

I am so proud of this rig i had to post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Congrats. It's great having a rig that sounds exactly like you want it to. :D
  3. xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Sounds like a nice rig. I also do some (indoor) praise music. I run the Avatar 212 Delta withe the Ampeg B4R @ 680w bridged. I will stack the Avatar 210 on top bridged @1000w if I have the need. I love my cabs. :p
  4. Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    amen to that! :bassist: i also play in a worship team (band type thing) except we play for junior high and high school kids and play more up beat stuff like here is our king by dave crowder, my glorious, and revolution. i use a peavey tnt 15 combo.
  5. I really REALLY wanted the GBE 600 but it was just out of my price range. If I remember correctly it had 2 ohm capability and dual preamps.
  6. Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    yup. very versitile and very LOUD i hear. someone on TB said that his gbe 600 at 425 watts was noticably louder then his swr at 900 watts thru the same cab. cant remember his name though.