1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G'DAY FROM ADELAIDE SA, AUSTRALIA!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Guitar Warp, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Hello to all and sundry in the TalkBass.com community. I'm finding my way through the site slowly, just to get accustomed to the layout and now I'm reaching the stage where I would like to get acquainted to some unique characters in this community (don't forget we're all unique!).
    I myself, play Guitar (Electric & Acoustic) which is my main Instrument, but my first real semi-professional gig was in a band in 1989 as a Bass Player.
    Although I started on Guitar in 1982 (at age 11), it wasn't until I was 19 I started to learn the Bass. With Music Theory, Practical and Philosophy (Yes! At times we all need it!), it wasn't too hard to get up to speed, on a similar level to the standard I may play on Guitar.
    By the way if there are any fellow Muso's out there perhaps a Bass Player with some Guitar experience behind them in the Northern Suburbs of Adelaide, South Australia, particularly in the Salisbury area, and would be interested in assisting in some Original and Cover sessions, both Jamming & Writing as well as the odd casual Jam, please feel free to leave a Message with some form of contact whether it me Phone or e-mail address.
    Aside from the request I mentioned, I wish to thank all who have taken the time to read my Post, I appreciate you all for this and hope to get some messages, either feedback and or responses for some help on a project.

Until next time, Cheers.

- Guitar Warp -

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Do you know Steph Dawe?

3. G'day Vorago! Apologies about the delay getting back to you, but sorry, no I don't know Steph Dawe. Does he live around this area?

4. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Edit: Steph is a girl.

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    It's a girl and she's from Adelaide, too

6. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    This is what I was laughing at...I guess I should've made that clear. Still, you went a little over the top there eh! ;)

Don't worry, I'm laughing with you, not at you! :)

7. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    ***? Don't make me come down there, ey?

8. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I think I scared him off with my immature and puerile ability to joke around.

9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Shame on you Scott!

10. My humble apologies to you Scott, it's sometimes hard to tell if there is a pun intended on the internet or rather an insult to one's honour. I apologise for the comments made and therefore retract them. I was very unsure of the spelling of the name 'Steph' as to whether it is a boy or a girl depending on which part of the World your from, or School you've been to. I had taken it to 'Steve' or 'Stefan' or 'Stephan', Not even thinking of 'Steph' as in 'Stephanie'. It is too easy to take someone you believe is trying to be critical of you when like you said "Laughing with you, not at you". I also need to lighten up a bit eh? Once again, apologies.

11. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    No worries. :)