1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GEB7

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Plstrns, May 19, 2011.

1. Plstrns

Plstrns

Feb 4, 2010
    Texas
    I was thinking of running a GEB7 behind my VTD as a volume/ quick room eq device. Will it work well in that roll?

The VTD is my preamp and DI, it then runs directly into a DSP then poweramps.

The volume control is most important to me, so having Putnam put a master vol in the VTD, or using a volume pedal are also options.

2. M Sterling

M Sterling Gold Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The GEB7 is good for a lot of things. However, I don't think it is transparent enough to be used strictly as a volume boost pedal. It has some slight tome suckage when bypassed (IME) and is not super transparent when engaged. That being said, it is the pedal I have had on my board the longest (3 yrs) because I use it for a very specific purpose. I would look into a clean boost pedal or, like you said, a volume or mod for the VTD.