Geddy Jazz bass ground question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by chump stain, Feb 28, 2010.

1. I love the tone of my Geddy Jazz, especially when the bridge pickup is backed off a bit. Of course in situations, this will become rather noisy due to being single coil. How can I preserve the tone I love, and kill the buzz?
    Shielding?

2. Bassmingo

Bassmingo

Nov 6, 2008
    Ireland
    yes, indeed it will. i assembled a geddy from parts and shielded it and its super quiet.

3. cool, now I'll just have to figure out how to do it myself. Thanks

4. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It's easy. If you want super easy go with the shielding paint, but even with the copper adhesive tape it's still really easy.

Keep in mind though that you'll need to take the guts out and then reinstall them. I'd take pictures of how everything is wired now so that when it comes time to reinstall everything you have something to go off of.

5. Thanks!
    Where do I get the copper adhesive backed foil? Hardware store, or radio shack?

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021