SOLD Geddy Lee with Pbass neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kev451, Aug 2, 2021.

1. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    D083E31A-B85C-416E-89D6-28340F9DDA7E.jpeg F2CF3884-90B7-403C-A58A-0D093E8FDEBA.jpeg 1042304A-8DF2-4B97-B341-FD7C2CB18C66.jpeg Hello Talkbass fam! What I have here is a Geddy Lee (MIJ from what I was told by the owner, but some have questioned this. I’m no expert on this)with a Fender Pbass neck. I purchased this bass thinking I’d use it but, I’ve been sticking to my Pbass. The original owner replaced the neck due to the truss rod going bad. The neck does have dark pearl inlay dots which are actually pretty cool looking.

The bass itself sounds fine. Great sound and punch. The pots and pickups are 100% good. I used the bass a few times at home but it’s basically sat unused. So I figured to sell it as someone would actually play it out. The other option would be to part it out I’d sell the body for $500 and the neck for $200. Got any questions let me know. Have an awesome day !

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    Gorn and Nuage420 like this.
  2. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    What model is the neck? and can we see the tuners in the back of the headstock?

Oh....and of course...WEIGHT please?
    Thank you

Gorn likes this.
  3. filler83

filler83

Jan 5, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    I am curious on make/year of neck, too. Thanks

4. sonojono

sonojono Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2013
    California
    Curious as well

5. InstantEctobass

InstantEctobass

Feb 18, 2018
    France
    Howdy,

Japanese examplaries of the Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Basses had Badass Bass II bridges. Looking at the bridge here, it appears to be a more recent MIM body. Can someone confirm?

Thanks

chechunka likes this.
  6. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    Could be I was told by the original owner it was a MIJ model. If it’s a MIM I’ll change it.

7. REV

REV Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2006
    If there is a CNC hole underneath the pick guard or in the neck pocket it's MIM.

chechunka and InstantEctobass like this.
  8. chechunka

chechunka Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2009
    There's a stamp inside on the body and you can email fender and ask them as well. It would appear to be a MIM based on the bridge.

InstantEctobass likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 21, 2021